Transaction between myself and rebelfromva

Yep, somethings wrong. There are questions some other "Sleuth" members can probably think of to weed out the truth. I have to be honest though, everything I have ever sold, I have pictures of the item before, while and after packing. This is not only to protect me, but to insure the buyer an easy case if damage has to be reported to a shipping company.

These are not the same batteries, different labels.
istbatt.jpg

isstbatt.jpg
He never had a dated note in either oic on his for sale thread. He never showed both batteries in the same pic either.

He never had a dated note in either oic on his for sale thread. He never showed both batteries in the same pic either.
This is why all items being sold has to be photographed with pic and username. The thread should have been deleted well in advance of the batteries being sold. But I didn't even noticed there wasn't pics with username and date either.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, somethings wrong. There are questions some other "Sleuth" members can probably think of to weed out the truth. I have to be honest though, everything I have ever sold, I have pictures of the item before, while and after packing. This is not only to protect me, but to insure the buyer an easy case if damage has to be reported to a shipping company.
I am trying to figure out how the nut came off and left the slag in the threads...

cd0c2812.jpg

I have gathered from this thread, you sent me the batt you never took a pic of, your not trying to fix the issue, and you have left the building?

I'm honestly tired of going back and forth with you. Even like the above commenter said, the supposed damage could've been done while you were attempting to install it. I'm not saying you were, but it is a possibility. I work in a pharmacy, my time is very valuable I don't have all day to bicker on online forums.

Bottom Line:

1.) The battery you have is damaged. There is no way to prove that THAT SPECIFIC battery was the one I sent you. You will say 'yes it is, i am not trying to scam you!' and i will say 'not saying you are, but there's no proof that's my battery.' What leads credence to this is the fact that I have pictures showing a battery that looks nothing like that. Yes, I could have taken a picture of a different battery and sent a bad one, that is just as much a possibility as you fudging an install and trying to get your money back after you f*cked up.

2.) This has turned into a he-said she-said, pointing fingers game. I don't have time for this, I manage a pharmacy and am using my break time to help YOU.

3.) You specifically accepted responsibility no matter what the situation was. If i sell you an iphone but send you a pile of **** in a sock and you said 'Hey, cool, i'll deal with it'...you literally accept the fact that although it wasn't the right item and a pile of ****, you're cool with that. You accepted my shipment and said you would deal with it. It wasn't till later you mentioned a spinning post and other issues, so at this point it is more of a reasonable position for me to believe that the battery you have was not the one i sent and/or was extremely damaged during an install.

4.) There is literally no point in discussing this any further. This isn't like someone purposely 'got you' for $500, even if you do absolutely nothing with this battery, you're out 60 bucks dude...chalk it up to a bunch of bad circumstances and move on. Keep in mind the battery was tested and fully functional prior to shipping, as tested by me and an installer. If you would've accepted my method of shipping, you could've filed a UPS claim and possibly got reimbursed. There are a shitload of 'what ifs' and fingers being pointed, but all in all NEITHER of us can prove either of our sides of the story - but AGAIN, you accepted responsibility after receiving the package which completes the deal.

I'm going back to work then out of state for the weekend.

I'm honestly tired of going back and forth with you. Even like the above commenter said, the supposed damage could've been done while you were attempting to install it. I'm not saying you were, but it is a possibility. I work in a pharmacy, my time is very valuable I don't have all day to bicker on online forums.
Bottom Line:

1.) The battery you have is damaged. There is no way to prove that THAT SPECIFIC battery was the one I sent you. You will say 'yes it is, i am not trying to scam you!' and i will say 'not saying you are, but there's no proof that's my battery.' What leads credence to this is the fact that I have pictures showing a battery that looks nothing like that. Yes, I could have taken a picture of a different battery and sent a bad one, that is just as much a possibility as you fudging an install and trying to get your money back after you f*cked up.

2.) This has turned into a he-said she-said, pointing fingers game. I don't have time for this, I manage a pharmacy and am using my break time to help YOU.

3.) You specifically accepted responsibility no matter what the situation was. If i sell you an iphone but send you a pile of **** in a sock and you said 'Hey, cool, i'll deal with it'...you literally accept the fact that although it wasn't the right item and a pile of ****, you're cool with that. You accepted my shipment and said you would deal with it. It wasn't till later you mentioned a spinning post and other issues, so at this point it is more of a reasonable position for me to believe that the battery you have was not the one i sent and/or was extremely damaged during an install.

4.) There is literally no point in discussing this any further. This isn't like someone purposely 'got you' for $500, even if you do absolutely nothing with this battery, you're out 60 bucks dude...chalk it up to a bunch of bad circumstances and move on. Keep in mind the battery was tested and fully functional prior to shipping, as tested by me and an installer. If you would've accepted my method of shipping, you could've filed a UPS claim and possibly got reimbursed. There are a shitload of 'what ifs' and fingers being pointed, but all in all NEITHER of us can prove either of our sides of the story - but AGAIN, you accepted responsibility after receiving the package which completes the deal.

Invalid statement. Most people don't instantly hookup their equipment when they have no need to since the install is not near done. He has a child who he has to take care of which also takes time from his day. So being able to examine the battery thoroughly may not have been able to be done in an instant either.

It's the seller's responsibility to provide proof of Items sold and the condition which it was sold. It was a very very unfortunate oversight that the Buyer didn't ask for proof of battery being sold and pictures to verify condition, but still no reason for him to be taken advantage of. Not everyone buys and sells on forums regularly to know how to properly protect one's self. Post pics of the battery you sold him in your possession, that wasn't photographed in the original thread with username and date.

If you can't verify this is either the battery you sold him, or not, then maybe the battery was removed by a third party(say a shop that removed it in the first place) and the condition couldn't be verified by you because it was already boxed up. But that's hardly a reason to not open a package to verify the battery and take pics. Tape only costs pennies

Plus, I and many other members on here shop to save money, or sale items to make money for our families. I think it is worth discussing and handling. Worse problems than this have been fixed. The safety and continued assurance of properly performed sales and buys will continue to help people have confidence in dealing with members of this site.

Bottom Line:

1)you had 2 batts for sale in the thread. You posted that one was already packed away so that's why you didn't post pics of it...

2)you still have yet to link me or name a place I can get the post switched out

3)like I said before I was under the assumption from the link you sent me via text it could be an easy $5 fix like you said. After further research no one locally or on google seems to have a solution to the problem at hand with this specific battery.

4)As stated multiple times, the shipping was not an issue. You did pack it very well and there was no damage done to the package. So no claim should be made. It's not the shipping companies fault that there is no broken piece of battery post in the package that you packaged. It's not the shipping companies fault that you didn't send me the battery in the pic you took and didn't take a pic of both items. I have presented a very good amount of facts in front of you. If you had in the back of your trailblazer as a back up why didn't you have it advertised like that and why was an installed necessary to remove it? Yeah I'm out of nearly $100 which isn't much but the fact is now I still need a battery to complete my system. So on top of what I spend to get another battery I have the nearly $100 I just spent so it does add up in the end.

@murph ; Thank you on the understatement of the situation. I'm sure just like all the other members on here that have children, my son does come before anything and everything especially some car audio $h!t that I can take care of anytime he is not with me. Hell I have some 0/1 that I've been needing to do the big 3 for like 2 months now lol. Sometimes you are not able to get right around to it as stated before, but upon further inspection and research that you provided op, these issues with the battery can not be resolved by fixing the battery. It will have to be replaced. Regardless of what you say about it not being your batt or it was in good condition, you still didn't take pics of both batts and in the first pm you sent me you said you should have taken them to cover your @$$...

2m6llwo.jpg

He knew the post were fvcked up, that's why he didn't have pics of that battery.

Probably why he was selling a $240 battery for $65

I'm building his box for him. Throughout the building I have given him pictures.

So when he picks it up it will look exactly like the pics he's seen.

I'm sure he expected that battery to look like the one in your picture, not like the one he received with different stickers and fvcked up posts.

You admit to not looking at it before you shipped it because it was already packaged, but you then say he probably swapped it out with another one.

4.) There is literally no point in discussing this any further.
Of course you think that, you have money and he has a bad battery. I honestly have to say I believe you knew the battery was crap, that is why there was never any picture of it. Why have it packaged up before it is sold? In a shop I worked in we sold lots of batteries, stickers were different at times, even on the same order of batteries. Like I said it is my believe not fact, prove me wrong!

The only way that could be fixed is by disassembling the entire battery, the connection inside would be broken.

rebel, does it have any charge showing now? I would assume the one post doesn't isn't even connected to anything anymore.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

BreakingBad

Banned
BreakingBad
pittsburgh
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views