Traded in the Yukon

Participant count
  • Participant list

Krave

I'm an alcoholic, It's ok
And bought a 2011 BMW 328xi. It has the HiFi plus iDrive system in it. I do not think I will be installing my SA-15's (not even one of them), but, instead, use my 4ohm 12W3-V3. I do not want to destroy this car as the parts for it are ridiculous enough (the Xenon headlight bulbs are already around $100 each...), it has 2 8" mid bass subs under each front seat. Any BMW owners here have any suggestions on upgrading all the mids and highs?

And bought a 2011 BMW 328xi. It has the HiFi plus iDrive system in it. I do not think I will be installing my SA-15's (not even one of them), but, instead, use my 4ohm 12W3-V3. I do not want to destroy this car as the parts for it are ridiculous enough (the Xenon headlight bulbs are already around $100 each...), it has 2 8" mid bass subs under each front seat. Any BMW owners here have any suggestions on upgrading all the mids and highs?
Best bet is to ask on your vehicle specific forum tbh but you might find some info on here

Should have got a camry or an accord. If you can't afford a new bmw/merc and trade it for the latest one every 2-3 years; you're doomed with insane maintenance bills. My honest opinion is to get rid of it asap.

Should have got a camry or an accord. If you can't afford a new bmw/merc and trade it for the latest one every 2-3 years; you're doomed with insane maintenance bills. My honest opinion is to get rid of it asap.
Your insight is spot on, dealing with the older models and anything they bring out for a few years of the first run, but I did buy the last year of the e90/n51 (the least problems due to them working all the bugs out and I bought the N/A version instead of the turbo one, 335i) and I can afford it, a new one cost less to own than a used one out of warranty, if it (the used one) was: ragged out/not taken care of/you don't perform the reg routine maint on it. My payments went down, insurance isn't going anywhere due to my age, and it gets phenomenal MPG compared to the Yukon (I drive 200+ miles a day to and back for work). A Camry/Accord is mundane to drive, there is a reason why BMW uses the slogan, "The Ultimate Driving Machine", it is not misleading at all.

Your insight is spot on, dealing with the older models and anything they bring out for a few years of the first run, but I did buy the last year of the e90/n51 (the least problems due to them working all the bugs out and I bought the N/A version instead of the turbo one, 335i) and I can afford it, a new one cost less to own than a used one out of warranty, if it (the used one) was: ragged out/not taken care of/you don't perform the reg routine maint on it. My payments went down, insurance isn't going anywhere due to my age, and it gets phenomenal MPG compared to the Yukon (I drive 200+ miles a day to and back for work). A Camry/Accord is mundane to drive, there is a reason why BMW uses the slogan, "The Ultimate Driving Machine", it is not misleading at all.
Yes it's surely no contest but for a car audio built I'd rather have something mundane. Back in the 80s one of my neighbor had a 733i alpina.. that was one badass ride.

there is a reason why BMW uses the slogan, "The Ultimate Driving Machine", it is not misleading at all.
The operative word being "driving". While nice to drive, those German cars IMO are absolute crap for car audio. Installs are not fun and things are often proprietary to the point where aftermarket upgrades are almost impossible.

A friend of mine in Europe always drives BMWs and I can say some companies make 3 way or 4 way kits to drop in and replace factory speakers. He is by no means an audio guy but he was happy for upgrading his into some MB Quart or whatever.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Krave

I'm an alcoholic, It's ok
Krave
Columbus, GA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from