Torn Surround Rainbow SLC 6.5"

Its actually a tear which seems to be from a puncture, Im honestly thinking of taking a small strip of electrical tape on both side.

Like I said, Plyabond. It's industrial strength rubber cement. It will hold up under repeated excursion cycles and will withstand the heat and cold of being in your door.

Black tape. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/furious.gif.fc81ca146dbff91fede3ed290dbc4f4c.gif

I actually took some silicone caulk to the top and underside of it.

http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/8585/dscn3205u.jpg

After it dried I pressed on the cone a bit to make sure I was getting good movement from the surround and to make sure the crack wasn't redeveloping and so far everything seems to be working fine.

I think the whole may be from a slipped drill or something when I originally put the speakers in over a year ago.

I did really put excess caulk on there, it wasn't a straight tear, it was only straight across the surrounds but broke off in opposite direction at the ends, so I pretty much squared the area.

I hope that works out for you. It doesn't look very pretty, but it may be okay.

I would've taken ciaonzo's advice, but maybe the silicone will work fine. Time will tell...

Haha, no it isn't pretty. I played around my maxing the excursion out on the subwoofer with my hand to see how well it would hold up. The slope of the surround is still retained, the cracks are no longer apparent at all even when the surround is moving, "should" work just fine.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.