Took everyones advice and got the 12w7.

jlaudiow6
10+ year member

san diego
On my last post i was asking help cause i was going to go buy a new speaker. I also mentioned that the dealer quoted me 400 for a 12 w7.

I had lots of replys to go get the w7 cause of the price is so low.

As a result i got my 12w7. But i got 2 of them:). The total came out to be 880 after tax. Thanks everyone!!!

Does anyone have any cool ideas for an enclosure for a toyota 4runner?

that's a killer deal man...
for an enclosure? fiberglass //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

-nate
Cost wise is fiber glass expensive to buy? i know nothing about fiberglass.

Cost wise is fiber glass expensive to buy? i know nothing about fiberglass.
it's more expensive than just building a normal box out of 3/4" MDF, but if you have the time and the want and the money, it would be cool. you would have to make it yourself, also.

-nate

right now i'm doing research on how to build a box for 2 speakers. Then i will start my project on tuesday and wednesday. Cause thats my day off.

Just a quick ? If i build a box for 2 speakers, Do i make seperate chainbers for each to have the cubic ft correct?

right now i'm doing research on how to build a box for 2 speakers. Then i will start my project on tuesday and wednesday. Cause thats my day off.
Just a quick ? If i build a box for 2 speakers, Do i make seperate chainbers for each to have the cubic ft correct?
seperate chambers is usually the way to go, but its not a MUST have. i would personally do it tho...

-nate

say if i dont seperate the chainbers. What will happen?
The primary arguments for each are ...

A single chamber is much more forgiving and easier to make ...

A dual chamber allows you to run the other subwoofer, should one sub blow ...

I prefer building a single-chamber enclosure ...

Doesn't really make a difference.

-nate

say if i dont seperate the chainbers. What will happen?
Well, most likely you'll have to use a mono amp, so it shouldn't make a difference because the subs will be receiving the same signal. The common problem with using a "common" chamber is cross-talk between the subs because they are receiving a different signal from the amp. But mono amps only have one signal, so it shouldn't be a problem.

Oh, and i just remembered, you should still do separate chambers because if one sub blows and they are in the same chamber it can mess up the other sub.

I was looking at the box fiberglass discussion group and it looks like the fiberglass is very light. Will it be able to hold a 12w7? Thoes things are 50 pounds each. I just dont want to do all the work and have the sub fall through the **** thing when i hit a bump.

sounds funny but i'm new at fiber glass

if one sub blow in a common chamber box .... why would that mess one up? it just gives it more air space which potentially makes a sub move more but doesnt guarantee a blow. just watch the subs .... dotn worry about blowing a couple w7s anyways b/c youll be dead from SPL before they reach that point

if one sub blow in a common chamber box .... why would that mess one up? it just gives it more air space which potentially makes a sub move more but doesnt guarantee a blow. just watch the subs .... dotn worry about blowing a couple w7s anyways b/c youll be dead from SPL before they reach that point
it would act as a passive radiator, but because it is not designed to be a passive radiator, it will throw everything off and act as a flimsy piece of the box ...

-nate

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.