Took a gamble on some speakers... I think I did good.

K_Watson
10+ year member

Hello again.

I was playing with speakers at Best Buy and noticed that they had their $200 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif West Coast Customs WCC650 speakers on super clearance, $25 for two 6.5" with 1" tweeters and crossovers... and they only had one new set and the display set left. They sounded good and the guy said he would sell me both sets for $38... I bit.

I took out my Pioneer TS-G1643's out of the front doors and mounted the WCC's in there and mounted the tweeters on the side mirror adjuster covers. I have to say I am happy with the sound and I am glad I bought them... and I still have a set for my wife's car, or to put in the rears in my car.

I can't find much about them online... Did I get a good set of components?

Last edited by a moderator:
I just finished putting one of the tweeters in place of the blown one in my wife '01 Camry with the factory JBL... I can barely tell the difference compared to the working factory one. WCC one is slightly louder.

I am going to put the remaining pair of 6.5's in the rear of my car and keep the last tweeter and the 2 extra crossovers as spares.

Two cars upgraded or fixed for $38. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Now I need replace the busted subs and I am done... for now.

WCC is actually orion they where partners with west coast customs awile back and it was a joint project wcc was buying so much stuff from them for there rebuilds so orion started putting the wcc badge on some there products

When does Best Buy typically have those clearance sales? Is it like a holiday type rotation thing? And do they offer those type of prices online? I would like to see what kind of stuff they offer during clearance like that.

When does Best Buy typically have those clearance sales? Is it like a holiday type rotation thing? And do they offer those type of prices online? I would like to see what kind of stuff they offer during clearance like that.
I suspect that such clearance prices are set by the managers locally. A few times I read the stories about super cheap clearance items at BB, and headed over there. Lo and behold, there was a clearance section, but at my location, the prices nowhere near as low as someone from the forum might have been offered.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.