Too much muffled bass

Participant count
  • Participant list
Thats called a subwoofer level. Dont worry, its not a bass boost thats actually gives you the proper pre-out voltage signal you need. It does not distort the signal by adding in bass that is not there to begin with like bass boost does. It helps get a strong signal to the amp so the amp can output proper power.
In short, set that to max,
Where is a good place to get boxes? I wanna get one with a decent bit of space inside

Where is a good place to get boxes? I wanna get one with a decent bit of space inside
build your own. Not that hard. Go to home depot, buy the wood, have them make the cuts for you, take it home, glue and screw then borrow a jigsaw from a friend/neighbor/relative and cut the subwoofer hole. Viola you are done. Way cheaper and higher quality than pre-built junk places. Never EVER buy a prefab in your life ever again if you have any respect for your subwoofers.

Free box plans, I'd go with the 2@35hz #2 and #3 OR the 2.5@32hz box. Those would get you slamming properly.

*OFFICIAL* Free Ported Box Plans (56k NO!!) - Dodge SRT Forum

This is one of the members that had no idea how to build a box and attempted to do with with that exact 2.5 cubic feet at 32hz design.

If You really really dont want to build one. Hit up https://www.facebook.com/Cscstang-customs-544782418996602/photos_stream For a box

I

build your own. Not that hard. Go to home depot, buy the wood, have them make the cuts for you, take it home, glue and screw then borrow a jigsaw from a friend/neighbor/relative and cut the subwoofer hole. Viola you are done. Way cheaper and higher quality than pre-built junk places. Never EVER buy a prefab in your life ever again if you have any respect for your subwoofers.

Free box plans, I'd go with the 2@35hz #2 and #3 OR the 2.5@32hz box. Those would get you slamming properly.

*OFFICIAL* Free Ported Box Plans (56k NO!!) - Dodge SRT Forum

This is one of the members that had no idea how to build a box and attempted to do with with that exact 2.5 cubic feet at 32hz design.

Wouldn't you know I'm a carpenter by trade? Haha. I'd just get the material, MDF or plywood? And I'd use drywall screws, caulk all the seams and what not. I think I have a jigsaw somewhere too

I
Wouldn't you know I'm a carpenter by trade? Haha. I'd just get the material, MDF or plywood? And I'd use drywall screws, caulk all the seams and what not. I think I have a jigsaw somewhere too
Thats basically it. 13 layer pine plywood or mdf. Use 3/4 size thickness and drywall screws and titebond II wood glue. Shouldnt cost you more than 40 dollars total for a super sturdy great bass output box. Wait a day for the caulk to dry. The vapors can eat at the sub's surround.

I
Its just a few bucks more go ahead and get a sheet of 3/4 birch...especially when doing a ported box as Jeff recommended...It will be less weight on your suspension...and birch is a very dense wood...

Its just a few bucks more go ahead and get a sheet of 3/4 birch...especially when doing a ported box as Jeff recommended...It will be less weight on your suspension...and birch is a very dense wood...
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsup.gif.3287b36ca96645a13a43aff531f37f02.gif I second this if you have a few extra bucks to spare. Light as hell, strong as F**ck no need to pre-drill anything.

I'm taking it back to the place I got it because it's free for me to let someone who knows what to do to f*k with it. If it doesn't work out in just gonna get my money back and just save up to buy a really nice system

I'm taking it back to the place I got it because it's free for me to let someone who knows what to do to f*k with it. If it doesn't work out in just gonna get my money back and just save up to buy a really nice system
dude, how shops are nowadays, Most of them dont know how to tune for sh*t, some are bad enough that even destroys your equipment. Just follow what i said and it should sound a lot better. You gotta know a little car audio knowledge yourself to spot the good shops from the bad.

dude, how shops are nowadays, Most of them dont know how to tune for sh*t, some are bad enough that even destroys your equipment. Just follow what i said and it should sound a lot better. You gotta know a little car audio knowledge yourself to spot the good shops from the bad.

So true. Their in it to sell....and make the "bigger named companies" $$.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.