To wall or not to wall. That is the ?

Just do a blowthrough......wait...i'm not doing it right.......sketch looks like a decent design though.......//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

i dont have photoshop or google sketchup on this comp atm so heres a shitty sketch. anyways i thought maybe u could build this slanted. so it starts out low at the base of the trunk and it builds its way up to the ceiling torwards the front of the vehicle/seats. then right behind the seats will be the port hole. and then u can do whatever u want to make it look good besides looking back and seeing a hole.

fxgt8l.jpg

i dont have photoshop or google sketchup on this comp atm so heres a shitty sketch. anyways i thought maybe u could build this slanted. so it starts out low at the base of the trunk and it builds its way up to the ceiling torwards the front of the vehicle/seats. then right behind the seats will be the port hole. and then u can do whatever u want to make it look good besides looking back and seeing a hole.
fxgt8l.jpg
This is more of what I was looking for. I may do this and end it right in the middle of the window line.

just keep it flat. Normal box, cheapest and easiest. I really don't think a newcomer should be trying to do anything real complicated, probably won't end up well.

Its Your vehicle do it how you want..........Speaking from experience, Ive had several walls....They are different, unique, Impressive, very loud.....What I disliked about them was I had to stick my head out of the window to back out of my driveway. If I went to a footbakl game and trying to back out when everyone is leaving is a pain in the arse, My buddy would get out of the vehicle and tell me when it was clear to back out....And I got alot of BS from the cops Some said it was illegal because I would not be able to see out of back window or hear if an emergency vehicle was coming up behind me, Also the cop could not see in the vehicle wich put Us both at danger.This was about 12 years agoAnd all the vehicles I had walls in were daily drivers/competition

This is more of what I was looking for. I may do this and end it right in the middle of the window line.
probably won't get enough volume out of that enclosure if only going to 1/2 of windowline. 4 18's will need a BIG enclosure.

Why do you want to stagger the subs vs being on an even baffle? Both your designs are like that.

Walls are fine for daily if you don't drive like a douche and realize backing up takes a little patience. Anyone ever drive a panel van for work, same thing, so you just learn to rely upon your sideview mirrors...

probably won't get enough volume out of that enclosure if only going to 1/2 of windowline. 4 18's will need a BIG enclosure.
Why do you want to stagger the subs vs being on an even baffle? Both your designs are like that.

Walls are fine for daily if you don't drive like a douche and realize backing up takes a little patience. Anyone ever drive a panel van for work, same thing, so you just learn to rely upon your sideview mirrors...
I want to stagger for something different, and effect. I honestly get tired of flat boxes. I am open to about anything but flat right now. If nothing else works out then I will go flat.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.