To Underpower or Overpower?

i say throw the 1500 on it and watch the gains.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

ive got a jbl 1200.1 to my 2 10" Se's and i have it at 4 ohms now and its plently loud for me. sounds real nice too. its in a sealed box as well. so i also got the flexibility of putting 600 watts to each by putting the amp at 1 ohm. soo yea. peace

your running your subs at 4 ohms to a JBL 1200.1? How many watts are each sub getting? 200 rms?? I dont know, I just dont want to turn out like my friend who cant turn them up because if he does they start popping and I think it is because the amp he has it to high powered for his subs. So everyone is telling me to go with the 1500 Watt Hifonics huh. I just hope it isnt under rated and actuall puts out like 1700 watts because I have used subs from Mgaidica and so I have NO warranty on them. I dont want to end up breaking anything or else its straight out of my wallet. Still think the 1500 watt Hifonics?

If it were me, i would say go with the 1500. Be sure your gains are set properly. As long as everything is tuned properly the se's will handle it all day.

it is better to have more power on tap than to have not enough...

it's called headroom..

you can limit the power that the amp is putting out, but you can't make it put out more... at elast not in a way that will keep you bumping for long... go for the bigger amp.

Originally posted by Miller your running your subs at 4 ohms to a JBL 1200.1? How many watts are each sub getting? 200 rms?? I dont know, I just dont want to turn out like my friend who cant turn them up because if he does they start popping and I think it is because the amp he has it to high powered for his subs. So everyone is telling me to go with the 1500 Watt Hifonics huh. I just hope it isnt under rated and actuall puts out like 1700 watts because I have used subs from Mgaidica and so I have NO warranty on them. I dont want to end up breaking anything or else its straight out of my wallet. Still think the 1500 watt Hifonics?
JBL 1200.1 puts out 1200 watts at 1 ohm and 2 ohms. at 4 ohms it puts out 600 watts. The SE's definetly will not pop because your pushinng them more power. either way u go ull be fine. But honestly ur not gona need more than 1000 watts for daily use. These ****ers get Louudd

I'm not going to be competing or anything. I jsut want a system that I can turn up and have bump real nice and shock the crap out of anyone in my car. Will 500 watts each SE be enough to do this or should I put 750 to each. Lots of mixed awnsers and I'm real confused. I dont want to over power them because I have no warranty, but then again I dont want to underpower them making me turn them up and cause clipping. This is a tough decision and its so simple.

get the 1500 you will be fine

when playing music you dont get anywhere NEAR that kind of power because of impedence rises and dips....

trust me //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

ya but how much louder would the 1500 watt amp be over the 1000 watt amp. I dont know if the 1500 watt amp is worth the risk just for 1 dB.

I just dont want to blow my subs or electrical. They are used subs with no warranty so that would **** if they blew. Still think 1500 with gains set down??

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.