To Port or not to Port is the Question!

Qckrun
10+ year member

Somewhere
Should i port, a XXX or should i seal a XXX? Im thinking seal, it will still sound hella good... not as good SPL but better SQ. What yo uguys think? Im gonna put it in 3 cuin of airspace so give me your ideas. Thanks

ya there is basically no way for that sub to not sound goood (ported, sealed , maybe bandpass if built correctly)hum that brings up a good question any one have a XXX in a bandpass box?

You are an idiot to put any sub in a bandpass box..bandpass box's serve no ****ing purpose whatsoever..unless u are going to SHOW your car and just want your subs to look "COOL" in the car...I have owned a RE xxx..I would recommend porting it, u are wasting its true potential by sealing it, as u would any other sub..I think u should go with porting it, a little tip to the wise...U must find the exact tuning frequency for yoru car/trunk and that will work for that sub...Try some test box's and or run a sine sweep..Run a sine sweep to help Identify what is your best tuning frequency!! The re xxx is rather tempermental when it comes to port tuning, may want to get someone who is skilled with box's and or car audio to help u figure a good ported box for the sub!!

Blake

Who ever said i was going to put it in a bandpass box? For one, i hate bandpass, there the ultimate piece of **** when it comes to boxes. I was just asking what kind of box i should put it in, sealed or ported

Originally posted by MaXiMa ya there is basically no way for that sub to not sound goood (ported, sealed , maybe bandpass if built correctly)hum that brings up a good question any one have a XXX in a bandpass box?
Umm, put it in the wrong ported box, TELL me how it sounds //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif..U should be shot if u put that sub in a bandpass box!!

P.s- its not a SQ sub..its a SPL sub..so stop trying to make it some SQ queen..the re xxx is for comp spl nearabotu..even though its initial plans of design were for SQ, it just turned out to be ****ing loud!!

Blake

anyone have a site that i can go to to look at this sub. i've been hearing alot about it, and i've never seen it because all my friends are telling me to go with xxx, but i dont know what the hell it is:(

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.