TO enclosure builders

Participant count
  • Participant list

supermaxx123
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
I.E.
I've built a couple enclosures and gotten rid of them(via craigslist) for really cheap. I've only done it for fun and never for money(only building material cost) but I now have someone asking me to build something for them. I will more than likely do it, I just don't know what to charge. I dont want to over-do it or under-do it. What's likely price of a single 12 ported run? Single tline 12?

Is there a set standard? I've never bought an enclosure.

how much wood would they take. Charge them for the wood/supplies than however much you think for the labor. Local shops charge out the *** for box builds, so i'm sure what you quote them could sound like a good price.

I've never sold any either....for a single 12 ported maybe 100 bucks?

Well for me MDF is $34, I have everything else. But then I think, how much would it cost someone who has no tools to build one? I've acquired mine over time so the actual cost of tools is forgotten. I've been told that $200+ at a local car shop is the usaul, seems pricey. $100 seems reasonable for a single 12, would that include double baffle, rounding, 45's, bracing? I do those because I feel it's necessary, the rounding for looks //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Well for me MDF is $34, I have everything else. But then I think, how much would it cost someone who has no tools to build one? I've acquired mine over time so the actual cost of tools is forgotten. I've been told that $200+ at a local car shop is the usaul, seems pricey. $100 seems reasonable for a single 12, would that include double baffle, rounding, 45's, bracing? I do those because I feel it's necessary, the rounding for looks //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
do all that for $100 but no carpet/paint

100 to 125 should be reasonable if it looks clean. Add 50$ or so if you have to paint or carpet it. Figure half a sheet of wood, 10$ worth of glue and screws, then your time.

As far as finish i try to make them clean, how i like it.

DSC01554.jpg

DSC01548.jpg

DSC00219.jpg

DSC00153.jpg

DSC00182.jpg

I guess then $120 would be a good start. I'll see how this goes. Thanks for the opinions

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.