To any who claim that fatmat doesnt stick...

HypnoticCure
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
I laugh at you... Today i got the great fortune to replace my shattered window in my jeep. I had three layers of fatmat on it from two years ago. I applied the fatmat without any heat in about high 30's to low 40's temps... Two layers went onto my doors and they were sealed great!! well today i had to replace one that some crooks decided to smash... I am happy to report yet again. The fatmat had no issues at all with wanting to come free. In fact i fought with it for about 2 hours just to access the areas i needed. My hands are sore now and feel like i have been masterbaiting for 3 months straight. I will continue to use my ghetto deadener that has such a bad wrap but does such a good job...

enjoy your boner over priced deadener!!!

lol, losers... learn to read... i spend the afternoon fighting with it stripping my door of it. Its in a trash can now.

Sagging ? not a bit. The stuff stuck like a champ. Only the tenth plus build i have used it in. Second time i have had to tear it out to replace a window. The other was about a year ago on my old tahoe that i sold to my buddy. I installed that back in 03' and when we went to tear it out... The same story, it was a fight that lasted hours.

If you want pics too bad... I dont waste my time taking pictures when im trying to get something done. If anything i would say it stuck a bit too well since when pulling it off about 20% of it would release the foil and not the rest. I sat there with a hair dryer and some marge flat heads and putty knives scraping trying not to slip. Once again the crap works well...

fail-owned-lease-subway-sign-placem.jpg

Durability is a secondary issue - even so, staying on for two years doesn't mean much since the summer between the second and third years seems to be the most common time for failure of asphalt products. Asphalt becomes less reliable every day that it is installed in a car. Temperature exposure is another important factor in how long it lasts. Your announcement is equivalent to smoking one pack of cigarettes and claiming that you've proved that smoking is good for you.

Beyond that, since products like Peel & Seal and FatMat take 4-6 times as much material to approach the vibration damping of a butyl/aluminum foil product, your solution is really the high priced option. You paid more and did more work to achieve an inferior result. Finally, since FatMat is indistinguishable from Peel & Seal, you paid more for it than you would have paid if you just drove over to Lowe's. Guess we all can't be that brilliant.

lol, losers...
You are pretty cocky for a person who has just admitted they really dont know squat about the topic at hand. Oh, your asphalt stayed stuck, it must be a better value than the far superior butyl mats that require a small fraction of the weight to create the same performance, right?
You really showed all us deadener snobs. Kudos.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

HypnoticCure

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
HypnoticCure
In a wild trance
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date