To 5x7 or Not

Participant count
  • Participant list

2 Guard
10+ year member

Hi all, Its been a long time since ive even thought about anything car audio, so i figure no better place to go then to talk to the community.

The few questions i have 1) my car doors hold 5x7 speakers and its time for them to be replaced, im looking for something decent say in the 150-175 price range for the front stage. So yes im looking for opinions. 2) Do round speakers give better sound? They will be powered by 75/100 watts ( haven't picked a amp yet either) suggestions?

I was looking at DD 5x7 comps. Thoughts?

you'd be wasting money on oval speakers.

best sound will be achieved with dedicated mids, highs, etc..

don't worry about your factory speaker holes.. treat dem doors and make custom cards.

no I can't you just have to believe me

It's just an oddly shaped speaker made to be put in the back of a car to add bass because no sub.

you trynna halfas$ it?

The dd 5x7 components are actually a pretty good option. Traditionally it's accepted that round speakers give better sound. But, you have to decide how much effort you would like to put in. I have heard the 5x7 components and there was nothing bad about them. The tweeter was bright but I heard them on house music and his eq was high in the treble areas. Personally I would do a little modification to fit 6.5's but I have no problem cutting up my vehicles. Properly treating your doors would be a good thing in either case.

you can buy nice adapters through sound makanix

PVC Plastic Speaker / Spacer Rings, 5x7" / 6x8" to 6.5" LARGE 6MM One Pair | eBay

PVC Plastic Speaker / Spacer Rings, 5x7" / 6x8" to 6.5" SMALL 6MM One Pair | eBay

depending on the size of your speaker

XS-57 IMAGE DYNAMICS 5x7" 6x8" 2-WAY COMPONENT SPEAKERS MIDS TWEETERS CROSSOVERS 622535684120 | eBay

these are what i would get for 5x7 components and at this price they are hard to beat

XS-57 - Image Dynamics 5x7" 2 Way Component System

they were just recently 450 a piece

nice neo motor very very very nice speakers

Thank you guys for all the input.
bed85c88b28fc5dd4e94d54cdf8a40c2.jpg

If you decide you want to go with a very large 6.5 speaker which I recommend. I have these brands new adapters. You won't need to cut out modify like the genetic plastic metra brand. Made from pvc
06fc74a0c6647e22061d25b6ce5826c4.jpg

10 shipped they are the extra large 5.75 inner diameter.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Tapatalk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

2 Guard

10+ year member
2 Guard
P.H.X AZ.
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from