Tired of Kicker need MAJOR help! SUBWOOFER HELP

only reason i can see a 1985 caprice a cop magnet is if you got the thing lifted up on some big rims, otherwise drive it.

peeps the subs are rated for 750rms per so that amp should be a perfect match up. your gains have to be too high or there is bass boost set in headunit or amp a ez fix.

yah, the subs should take, clean, the extra power the amp might be putting out. now, prefab boxes, even yours may be junk 99%+ of the time, however, it is certianly not at all likely that the port is too big, unless it's a sealed shared chamber box that is missing one of the subs. you should find a shop that knows how to properly set the gains and head unit settings, and will use at least a meter, sometimes a scope, to do so. honestly, with an unlimited budget, you could have pro-rabbit and splaudio team up and build you a custom sub and enclosure that will make you forget the kickers. addmittedly, i am a kicker fan, pretty much an old school kicker fan, though, and they will get loud under some abuse, so there is something happening wrong. by "clipping", we basically mean, when it it get's so loud then just starts changing sound a little, you have gone past clipping. in short, it means that you are feeding the subs more current, but they are moving less, and will cook. you can alsoo clip if the wiring has a problem.

Finding a good quality shop in Dallas is a challenge esp one that uses a scope......I guess at this point I need new subs regardless of what I go with I think I need to find a better shop. What should my gain and setting be at I know the radio is a indash and had no bass boost set. I do know when I first got it I played a song and I turned it up and when it hit this low is burned it out immediately............N fyi this car is not lifted its all original but trust when I say I cant drive it with out being hassled by the cops!

Im not complaining the shop changed them out numerous times at no cost to me so I got my money worth.....I dont have a budget I just want something that will work with the amp and any ideas suggestions are very much appreciated!
you need to go to a shop that can set ur gain right brah

There are plenty of options out there other the Kicker.
SSA

Obsidian

Sundown

Digital Designs

Audioque

FI

DC Soundlab

and many many more and all have drivers that will work with your current amplifier.

Some things to consider though..

1. The enclosure. You will need a new one and no one ever suggest prefab, so consider how/where you might pick up a new enclosure

2. You will need to find a new place to get your product tuned.

If your up for a bit of a drive I can help you out with all the issues, but it is a bit of a drive to get up here.
OP, I would accept this offer. Head up there, get a good install done, and learn as much as you can. You will know the basics by the end of a day, and that way you won't have to take it to a shop next time (unless you want to), and you will better know how to use and properly set your gear. It would a smart move if you plan on staying in this hobby. Plus you will love the outcome.

Well without being able to see your setup in person, i would start by replacing your deck as well as your box with a custom box. Port area is prob to small for the subs, or if sealed to little of airspace with incorrect filter settings. Those subs dont blow unless your doing something wrong. Reason i say change your deck out is Ive seen often the rca outs with sometimes fail and start actually sending dc voltage to your amp as most know audio signal through rca outputs is ac. This will in turn make your output on the amp side send some dirty *** power to your subs causing them to smoke. As well as changing deck and box make sure your grounds are great on both the amp and deck and that your not having massive amounts of dc mv going through the chassis of your vehichle. AKA engine noise. Cus if you do that can in-turn can play hell with signal voltage and grounds for the amp. Dirty power again. After having done this and problems still occur saying your voltage is holding and your not being Treckless, then your answer is simple something is jacked up in the amp get it warrantied or buy a new one if no warranty. Thats the best i can say from as far away as i am

I don't understand..are you wondering why your equipment blew, or do you just want suggestions for new stuff to blow up?

Make sure it's set up right before you start throwing it hard. I realize you 'have no budget', but blowing a sub because of something as simple as a gain setting is simply pointless.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.