Time to upgrade the system.

Participant count
  • Participant list

Boris
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
SWFL
Decided to start fresh with my system since my old stuff is old and not that good anyway.

I listen to a wide variety of music, from classical, electronic, rock to metal and anything in between.

Don't want a system that will wake up the neighbors, I'd much rather enjoy my music myself at moderate levels.

SQ is my main goal.

What I have is a new Premier DEH-P600UD and a set pf CDT CL-62 components. Also have all the wiring (4AWG) in the trunk left over from my previous setup in my 4 door sedan.

I'll need an amp to run the comps,

A sub (a single 10" or 12") that I would like to mount on the side of my trunk in a fiberglass enclosure.

An amp to power the sub.

For the sub I have roughly a 32" wide x 12" deep x 18" high space where the spare tire used to be which I hope is enough.

Also, the sub would be facing the side of the trunk, not the rear, if that matters.

With a $500-$600 budget (can go a bit higher if I stretch it over a few months), what should I be looking for ?

New or used is fine by me.

In advance, thank you for any and all input.

For the sub I was thinking of using an RE SE12 sealed since I doubt I would even know how to build a weird shaped fiberglass enclosure that was ported.

I was considering, RE SE, Fi Q, IDMAX, IA Flatlyne and SI MAG's. Dont have much information to give you but those are all in your budget and are all SQ woofers that should bump. (SI MAG v4 is more SQ than SQL I hear though)

I bought an ed nine.1 for around $200... 1200 @ 1ohm, 900 @ 2ohms (underrated though)

well I think I did anyways, hopefully it arrives

I remember reading a lot of good stuff about the ed nine.1 a while back.

Might be too much power for just one sub but that's what the little knobs are for, right.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Really depends on your budget. Typically, I like to overpower my components and have the headroom to play with...

250wrmsx2 = Diamond D3 500.4

350wrmsx2 = ARC KS 300.4

JL makes a nice HD amplifier if space is an issue.. You have endless options.

My head is spinning from all the options out there.

I'll try to stop by a local store and see if I can listen to a few different subs (provided they have anything other than JL).

This stuff is confusing. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.