Time for New Speakers?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Knowmadic
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
So I just tried a few final touches on my doors to see if they would finally give me the midbass kick that I am aiming for but my efforts were in vain. I have JBL MS-62c's in the doors with fiberglass insulation in the door, sealed doors with 1 layer of Murdermat 80mil and 1 layer of Dynamat 60mil with a speaker baffle. What more can/should I try or is it just time for new speakers? At medium-high volumes (above my usual listening preference) they sound amazing but around the middle volume they don't sound too hot. They are being powered by Alpine PDX-F4 and a Pioneer 80PRS headunit. If it's time for new speakers what do you guys suggest? Should I go 3 way with a dedicated midbass? Thanks.

tV5HxQM.jpg

JIgHNUs.jpg

bfRpx4H.jpg

Let me ask, is that reading accurate, i'm running the prs and I wonder. I didn't know if that's what that was.

well, what are you're crossover settings. They aren't crossed to high are they

Let me ask, is that reading accurate, i'm running the prs and I wonder. I didn't know if that's what that was.
well, what are you're crossover settings. They aren't crossed to high are they
The mid HPF is 80hz with 12db/oct. The amplifier for the fits has the filter set to "off". I think it is generally acurate. +/- .2

So above you're listening, loud, they sound amazing, Burr at you're regular listening level do they just.... Not hit as hard?... What is is you don't like.

Put it on your usual listening level and try going up on the gains

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.