Time for new components

Ok, what different about them, Just as good quality. Should be since they are diamond. Are they louder? Crisper? I just looking for a clear crisp set with some midbass.

Ok, what different about them, Just as good quality. Should be since they are diamond. Are they louder? Crisper? I just looking for a clear crisp set with some midbass.
What you described is vague. I would have to hear both the same set you have and the set I linked in the same situation off the same power with the same tune to give just a subjective comparison. Since Diamond doesn't publish full specs online or in their catalog I can't even compare sensitivity to guess if SXP65S might sound louder on your amplifier. Given what I've heard from the TX65V cheaper convertible set I would expect SXP65S to sound very natural, and the midbass should be stronger since the woofer is a more substantial design.

Ok, well im sure they would be a decent set. My D6 sensitivity is 90dB but not sure about the sxp65s. Im more worried about them being really clear at higher volumes.

Has anyone heard about the Alpine type R's SPR 60c? I am seeing them recommended everywhere.

Ok, well im sure they would be a decent set. My D6 sensitivity is 90dB but not sure about the sxp65s. Im more worried about them being really clear at higher volumes.
Any standard 6.5" 2-way component set is going to fall apart at high volume, from a number of factors. I'm sure you found a limit with your D661A set. If you want a louder set it may be necessary to step up to a 3-way. Alpine SPR60C is not going to give you what you want. At this point I'm not convinced the Diamond set I have is going to satisfy you either.

Well, I have been running this set of Diamond D6's since, 2008 in the same truck. They have always been great, One just ended up blowing and I cant find another set. So all I am wanting is something comparable to the D661a's They have done great for many years.

I have a silverado and have been running some Massive CK6's with a massive D8004 amp and they have sounded fantastic for about 5 years now. I just bought an S-10 and need a set of components and was thinking of changing up, how would those Diamonds compare with the Massive's?

Not sure how they compare, But I love the diamonds. Just hard to find the D6's and not really sure what the new ones are like. The hex's are twice the power than the D6's that I have, seems like diamond doesn't make something like the D6 anymore. So not sure what to do.

Are these the ones you have been running Massive Audio CK 6X 500 w 6 5" 2 Way Component Coaxial Speaker System 6 1 2" 623169621093 | eBay

How much power RMS does that amp put out? Are these Loud and clear? They seem like they compare well to what I have now, Except I have aluminum tweets and these are silk.

Diamond of today is not to be confused with diamond of old, I've been told. Old school diamond was **** fine products. From what retailers are saying, the quality has really fallin off.

The GZUC 650SQ that was posted have been well received and are making themselves a niche in the market place. You'd be crazy not to consider them. They're the real deal.

We were a Diamond dealer and once the company changed hands we went from having maybe a 1-100 failure rate to nearly a 60% failure rate on identical setups, needlessly to say we dropped them.....I will say this though, I had a customer from out of state come in to replace one of his blown components and we replaced the set with some Access 1's, he had a pair of the new Diamond 12's in a custom box and that thing did sound really good...

Ok, well sounds like I dont want the new diamonds. Didnt know about all that.

Well How much would a set of those Ground Zeros run me?

I have been hearing about the JBL's Are they a speakers thats loud and crisp at high volume?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.