time alignment

T/A is used to add or take away power from specific speakers. Say ure rear fill dosnt need as many watts or you feel that a side of the car is overpowering another. So yea its personal preference
Nope time alignment is delaying the speakers output of sound and can greatly change imaging of a front stage when done properly. I am asking how exactly are you supposed to put in the measurements for a proper tuning.

Nope time alignment is delaying the speakers output of sound and can greatly change imaging of a front stage when done properly. I am asking how exactly are you supposed to put in the measurements for a proper tuning.
I feel like were saying the same thing.... adding or subtracting decimals from specific divers, idk i had it on my CD8455 and i could only adjust the component set not woofer and tweeter so idk how it would greatly change ure front stage. That sounds like more of the EQ to me, but i didnt learn it that well so i very well may be way off ha

But i did use it to chill out my rear stage since i had 8V preouts on a eclipse 85x4 and my rears only need 40-50wrms

not sure, but I used the auto T/A on my 80prs and it's good enough for me

what does the hu say when you go to adjust it...does it want you to put in a distance for each speaker?

not sure, but I used the auto T/A on my 80prs and it's good enough for me
what does the hu say when you go to adjust it...does it want you to put in a distance for each speaker?
Yeah it wants distance.

I just measured the distance to my head from each speaker and entered the closest number it would let me. Since I only have 1 sub I entered the same number for both. Also, I believe when you do it that way, it overrides the "car-type" function.

I think you'd take the measurement from your position in the driver's seat? The speakers on the passenger side are further away so they need to be set as a farther distance? You could always just mess with it...not hard to set it back.

I don't really know much about it, just suggestions

Edit: when I had my x993 I did like the guy above me and it sounded good

I'm sick of this forum not posting what I type up.

You delay everything to the furthest speaker away.

edit: wait what head unit do you have after reading the post it may be different then mine.

Time alignment is sometimes called time delay, depending on the application and the terminology the company decides to use. As you can tell from the name, it adjusts timing. It has absolutely nothing to do with adjusting power. The quick definition of what it's for is to steer the sound as we hear it from each speaker so you can make the imaging closer to what music sounds like on a real stage at a concert.

You can adjust it using measurements and then fine tune it by ear. Once you've become comfortable with doing that, and you have an active system, I recommend trying this method: Precision time alignment using only noise tracks and your ears - DIYMA Car Audio Forum

If you're running passive crossovers you can't adjust delay for tweeters separately, but it's not that important to delay the tweeters.

This=====>

Time alignment is sometimes called time delay, depending on the application and the terminology the company decides to use. As you can tell from the name, it adjusts timing. It has absolutely nothing to do with adjusting power. The quick definition of what it's for is to steer the sound as we hear it from each speaker so you can make the imaging closer to what music sounds like on a real stage at a concert.
You can adjust it using measurements and then fine tune it by ear. Once you've become comfortable with doing that, and you have an active system, I recommend trying this method: Precision time alignment using only noise tracks and your ears - DIYMA Car Audio Forum

If you're running passive crossovers you can't adjust delay for tweeters separately, but it's not that important to delay the tweeters.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.