Tightening bass?

Toomanytoys

CarAudio.com Newbie
Jul 2, 2019
I have a sundown x-15 in a ported enclosure in the trunk of my 87 GN. It is being powered by a skar rp2000.1 amp. The question is how do I go about getting that sub to hit hard and tight? On some songs the kick drum is like being at a concert but more times than not I find it to be very “boomy” or muddy (?) maybe if that’s a better term. Im not worried about shaking the other cars around me I just want that hard tight sound

Jeffdachef

Gunz That Turn on Nunz
Feb 5, 2013
South Coast Metro, CA
I have a sundown x-15 in a ported enclosure in the trunk of my 87 GN. It is being powered by a skar rp2000.1 amp. The question is how do I go about getting that sub to hit hard and tight? On some songs the kick drum is like being at a concert but more times than not I find it to be very “boomy” or muddy (?) maybe if that’s a better term. Im not worried about shaking the other cars around me I just want that hard tight sound
you picked the wrong woofer to do that. Best you can do is make the enclosure a bit smaller and get more power. Sundown X series is all about the booms and wobbles.

audiobaun

CarAudio.com Veteran
Jun 28, 2011
USA
Id say a smaller enclosure as well. May consider making a smaller enclosure with an Aero-Port and tune it that way may be best to your liking.Id try that first before picking up more power on tap. Just my 2 cents

Reactions: macsdad

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Trending Topics