THumping coming from my subwoofer after i turn my stereo up

treiber67
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
So prior to me pulling the last amp that i had installed everything sounded great! I just bought a new amplifier and got it going, but when i really start to turn up the volume to get some good deep loud bass i start to get a wierd feed back coming from the subwoofers. I dunno whats going on. On the headunit its max is 40...volume1-20 it sounds fine but then once i start cranking it up to around 28-31 or higher it starts the thumping going on? Any ideas anyone i would greatly appricate the help. I was all excited to get my new amp i just wonder if i have something wrong with the gains and sub sonic.

the prior amp was prolly three times as loud without the strange thumping noise when halfway turned up, im running a hifonics glx1400.1 d, and two kicker cvr 15's.

Hopefully I was making sense, but when I turn it up it sounds extremly muddy and its like the subs can't keep up or something, its very strange. It's not the head unit, and I replaced the rcas already.....any other ideas?

bad amp? sometimes stuff doesn't work right out of the box. you would have to swap in another amp to see if it's the amp or not. but i would try gain at zero and see what happens when you turn it up for sure. double check your rca out on your HU are still working. maybe they broke? don't rule it out until you have checked to know for sure.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.