[HELP PLEASE]Wire disconnected, can't figure out how to disconnect battery.

Participant count
  • Participant list

FamousMassacre
10+ year member

Team Tantric
I noticed that my (amp?) wire disconnect from it's terminal.

I can't find my negative connection, I'm thinking that it's here:

Car is a 2012 Ford Focus

2013-02-05_2036.png

Help! I'm afraid to even turn my car on now haha

Or could I just unscrew the terminal and clamp it in?

Do I need to disconnect my battery?

If the vehicle is drivable,id take it to Orileys, or Autozone/or Napa, and get them to test the batt out, and tell you which is your +,and -.Its free,and Id do since you are debating about it.I cant really tell from that pic

If the vehicle is drivable,id take it to Orileys, or Autozone/or Napa, and get them to test the batt out, and tell you which is your +,and -.Its free,and Id do since you are debating about it.I cant really tell from that pic
Well, the left side is a positive lead because there is a + on it.

I couldn't find a - and I was thinking that the wire was the ground to my amp and is connected to the negative.

neg should be near your amp. the terminal clamp in the pic has a + on it
I just noticed that in the pic too..Even that wire not connected should be a + wire,generally being RED,and that close to the Ring terminal attatched

Fuse holder that goes back to the amp. Thats your positive power to amp. The negative connection you need to trace from the negative of the amp...

Fuse holder that goes back to the amp. Thats your positive power to amp. The negative connection you need to trace from the negative of the amp...
Now I wish I installed my system haha

I'll look for it tomorrow when there is daylight.

Is it safe to turn on my car?

Hell, could I just get pliers and open the terminal and connect it while it's connected?

Now I wish I installed my system haha
I'll look for it tomorrow when there is daylight.

Is it safe to turn on my car?

Hell, could I just get pliers and open the terminal and connect it while it's connected?
After looking at both pics,Thats your power feed to your amp that is not connected to the battery.Take the ring terminal off the batt, and reattatch it to your wiring/crip it back in place with Pliers as you say, and use electrical tape on the wire/terminal.Then you can reattatch it to the battery,..Just make sure the wire on the Ring Terminal is going to hold tightly..I dont use those type of ring Terminals,They seem to never hold the wire tightly.I use Copper Ring terminals,softer, and easier to crimp,and hold the wiring much better

it will be alright to drive. pull the fuse and disconnect the wire from the fuse box and take it to a audio shop and have them crimp or solder a new ring terminal on it

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.