three pioneers hitting harder than my two 12" L7's, wtf

i had a couple of 12'' pioneers 3 years ago, hit hard and low and ran 400 watts to them even though they said they could handle 150 rms (lies) and 450 peak, those lasted a good year. they in sub heaven now.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crying.gif.ec0ebefe590df0251476573bc49e46d8.gif

I'm might be wrong, but I'll make an educated assumption...

You have about 288((12^2)*2) sq inches of cone area and he has like 340((3.14*6^2)*3) sq inches of cone area. That seems like a big enough difference for him to "outwang" u, even with both subs being pushed at their rms... Sometimes it is just the way your cabin moves air too. Try out some other songs, he might of hit his g spot freq with that high tuning on the prefab lol.

phildapimp, does that thing in your sig really work. i mean i get emails all the time saying "free trial" "brand new tv for u,.. just take survery" "well pay u to shop". i mean ive heard of secret shoppers for stores to like see how the employees work and all,but is this stuff(in your sig) for real?

O/T Response - Well I was lucky enough to win one of the treasure trails which gained me $100, and I made about $100 from signing up for the CC things with a visa gift card I never used. I've been at it for a few years though I have around 200 referrals that made me around $400 also.

I think you guys are missing that the pioneer setup cant even play throw it up... and is only loud on a song that plays something like 58/60hz.

I don't consider that "louder" by any means...

So you are saying all kicker subs are inaccurate musically right? I agree that in most enclosures L7s do lack in SQ, but in the correct box they are very musical subs. also what about the old school round solo barics those sub woofers muddy and boomy?

louder is louder...
maybe its louder from 55 - 65Hz, its still louder at those frequencies...

while the kickers may very well be louder at 45 - 55hz...

who wants a daily driver that can only fart out 60hz?

nobody cares about a meter when your driving around, and the low stuff sounds better/louder when its @ the same level as a high note.

the kicker subs are just shit...
they don't suit any enclosures.... definatly not 3.5cuft tuned to 34Hz... lol
I built that exact size of enclosure and it RAILED. 3.5 at 35 is just about perfect. Too many people run them with no where near enough power.

nah, just the square ones ****...
inefficient... remind me of hitting a cardboard box with a stick? lol
sounds like installer error....if you have to say "my system sux", you can say my installer does too....

been winning top SQ awards, as well as SPL records with those square woofers since 2000, I have actual proof, not just your word to prove otherwise

sounds like installer error....if you have to say "my system sux", you can say my installer does too....
been winning top SQ awards, as well as SPL records with those square woofers since 2000, I have actual proof, not just your word to prove otherwise
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/needpics.gif.edd6d28e76618c28c46f343991bcced5.gif

To be fair, in an SQ competition, most any sub can be in a winning setup aslong as you can make it play flat. I'd say the sub, as in the specific driver, is the least important part of a serious SQ setup.

Actually, i just got my L7 15's hooked up yesterday.

I got the 2006 models, and they're hooked up to my hifonics bxi2006d, which sadly hardly moves them //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

But what i WILL say, is that these subs SOUND great! I was expecting a big disappointment from all the complaints i read here about SQ, especially when moving from 2 12" type-x's to a set of 15's, but these subs honestly sound **** good, not just for 15's, not just for l7's, for anything.

Only complaint i've got is these 06's are way way underrated as far as power handling, cause the pair of 15's aren't 1/2 what my single 2002 l7 was as far as output, and i was driving it with a BOSS amplifier......

SQ's definitely much much much improved, tho.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.