three pioneers hitting harder than my two 12" L7's, wtf

pioneer FTW ! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif those 306dvc (d4) subs wired to 2.67 ohms then your friend has actually less power than you( if your running 1200w )that amp(MA Audio HK2000D) is rated @ 1000x1@2 ohms@14.4v @ 2.67 its more like 800-900w rms (just a guess). pioneer = best bang for the buck endo story //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif go to realm of excursion dot com and check out the 306 series vids .

my 2 premier( made by pioneer) spl's got my van shaking like crazy and sound pretty good for spl subs tho im thinking of changing to 4 pioneer 306c wired to 1 ohm

Sounds like the box for the L7's isn't up to snuff.
"roll wit it" plays an extremely high note... if thats where he is peaking, ew... lol.
yea thats his hardest hitting song with that high note, "throw it up" by lil john doesnt hit at all in his

He has more watts, possibly a little more cone area(not sure of affective SD of each sub) and a SUV compared to your trunk car I assume?AND he's tuned higher... i dont see were the question is.

more watts to each subs sounds logical...i have a blazer like ur buddy does..mine is louder than system that i compare with that have similar gear...maybe its just the size of a blazer and the air space..i dunno...maybe thats why alot of peeps have blazers with systems...tuning the box differently could be why his is so loud..mine is tuned to 27hz...depends on gear and car..blazer and eqinox are similiar...those subs are nice..just need all the juice u can find

i guess everyone decided to overlook the fact that the guy with the pioneers is running less power his only advantage is more cone area and that is the only reason why kicker made them square for more cone area

as far as the square vs round thing ...square subs arent as linear as round subs this is why they have that extra rubber in the surrounds at the corners

this is not to say you wont get loud as crap ...but that might just be what it sounds like

not to mention that l7x2=600-800 bucks

306dvcx3 = $180

lol, why?
I speak only the truth!!!

I'd possibly buy an L7, if I was looking for an alright free air sub, but they have characteristics similar to that of really crappy, cheapo subs.... lol
thanks for proving, idiots are worldwide...........//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/up2something.gif.dd110ecf3ae4b76050d87598f2f8de7c.gif

hey get this..i have 2 brand new pioneer 10's cheap ones...like the svc 10's 120w rms 400w max...but they pound..i had them installed in ported box custom made from my local shop...and hooked up to one of my us amps...blew me away how loud it was...nice excessively loud..but nice for 2 10's yeah cheap subs but last forever...air moves out of them nice...i must have put like 300w to each of them...man i hooked up my USA-2000 to them which is 250w rms x2 @4 ohm..more was put out obviously..like 300w i would guess...if you know us amps..this amp is beefy...those pioneers took them with no problem...i call those pioneers my amp testing subs...just to make sure all my amps work fine when i bench test them all...oh well..just something to think about

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.