three pioneers hitting harder than my two 12" L7's, wtf

yo0123yo
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
chicago
so earlier i posted how i got my stuff metered on an old AC and i hit 149.6, i got two kicker 12" L7's, a custom 6 cu ft box tuned to 33hz and im using a kx1200.1 to powet them, and my friend has a 1995 blazer with three of these subs in it http://www.cardomain.com/item/PIOTSW306DVC and they r in a prefab ported box powered by this http://cgi.ebay.com/1800-Watts-RMS-Digital-Mono-Block-Amp-MA-Audio-HK2000D_W0QQitemZ9723170134QQcategoryZ18797QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

well today i sat in his car and i couldnt even stand being in it for more than 30 seconds, it was so F'in loud!! for example if u ever heard that song by three 6 mafia called "roll with it" from their new cd, that hits so hard when it starts on his sytem but not on mine. they just completely blew my L7's out of the water, my question is why are his 3 hitting so hard, and they sound way better than my L7's im thinkin of selling my **** and getting something similar to him, it was ridiculous how hard it was hitting, and i went in my house and i could literally feel my windows shaking from half a block away. plus his wa sso loud it was literally pulling my chest in so hard that i could barely breath in it, that never happened with my L7's, also if its cuz his box is tuned so high, then how come most people dont get their boxes tuned that high? most people i see getting their ported boxes are tuned to like 30-36, what can i do to make mine sound louder without adding ****? i tried turning up the gain a tiny bit on the amp but turned it back down because i dont wanna blow my **** so is there any controls from the HU i should turn up? or just keep it like it is

his box could be tuned pretty high and making it sound LOUD, 3> 2 but not by much

if he has all the power of the amp, then there is another way

sounds like yours inst set up right

you have a kicker 1200.1 on each sub right?, and your tuning for a L7 imo opinion is real low, L7's start to really shine when you tune them high like 35+ //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Yea try to give each one their own 1200.1, because i have 1 12in l7 *06 model* and it handles 1200 watts daily //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Your friend has more power + more cone area , so thats probally why his setup is louder, just get another 1200.1 or upgrade your amp, and tune @ like 37, and youll be kickin ass

You need more power. ~1200 on each L7 and you will be up there with your friend. He has a truck so he might still "sound" louder, but that's what ***** about having a trunk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.