Threatcon 2 15" pre-sale!!

Since you have first hand experience with them how do they hit the lows? Chris said that the 28mm xmax is p2p which means one way is 14mm seems like it might be a little weak on the lows but i could be wrong i know there are alot more variables then xmax but most of the woofers i deal with were at least 20mm one way.

Since you have first hand experience with them how do they hit the lows? Chris said that the 28mm xmax is p2p which means one way is 14mm seems like it might be a little weak on the lows but i could be wrong i know there are alot more variables then xmax but most of the woofers i deal with were at least 20mm one way.
First off, I love the build you're planning on doing and will be stoked to see some videos and hair tricks! Second, the 15" is designed like the 12" to be a all around versatile woofer. I didn't design the Threatcon 2 to only focus on frequencies below 30 hz. Its not going to absolutely murder the lows but it will get down and sound good doing it. I'm very happy with how the 15" came out and I believe that for your application, you'll be more than heard and felt and stared at. It's going to sound great.

--Chris

Anyone know if they are going to have recone kits available. I will for sure take videos depending on when the ship in aug i might get right to it but if after aug 25 it will probably be october.
Chris normally orders extra re-cone parts with each shipment of woofers. I'm sure you could talk to him about getting a spare to have on hand or when you need it.

The woofer gets down. I play decaf music, and then mostly Rap/Hip-Hop and it sounds great. Haven't tried country or rock yet. But I currently have the 15" prototype firing back and port to the side in my Nitro and it sounds really good. Its not crazy loud on the lows but its nice clean sounding bass and definitely moves some air. And like Chris said, with the 6 woofer setup your planning....its going to sound amazing. I'm sure the lows will be plenty loud!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

C2 Audio

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
C2 Audio
Youngstown, OH
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date