Thoughts on new Type-Rs

Participant count
  • Participant list

Twista89
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Chicago
So Im in the market for some subwoofers to handle my SAZ and been looking to get rid of my current type-rs as they have been in my car for the past 4 years and are probably around 5-6 years old. I was dead set on getting some Level 4s in my trunk now but looking at the fact that the new type-rs are rated to do 1kw and can be had new for less than 150 I dont know lol. The type-rs are half the price and have good rep. So has anyone tried out the new 2012s???? They are only 26 pounds so it makes me wonder if anything really was changed.

I actually have a pair of 12's in the classifieds now.

They are much better than the previous models and really can't be beat at the price. My buddy had them in his avenger on a zx2500.1 @ 4 ohm and it was loud to say the least.

And that was in a sh1tty prefab box. The SQ isnt really there as much as the older R's but their capable of getting a lot louder.

yea dont know what to do....Im probably just gonna stick with getting some level 4s as I kinda wanna get it right the first time around...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.