thoughts on krell amps?

1loudsuv
10+ year member

WHATS A HOME THEATER?
west
my dealer has a 3250 which i demoed earlier and wow //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif im thinking of returning my amp and upgrading to it i have 10 days before the trade thing is up and plus it will fit in my tv stand //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

yah that one, i was thinking of just using the rear two channels of my receiver or 4 if i got 7.1 in teh future

Krell makes quality equipment. Sounds sterile to me though. A lot of people will tell you amps don't have a particular "sound", I am not one of those people. If you are getting a great deal, go for it. If not, I'd look at audiogon because I think you can get a lot better for the MSRP of that amp.

Krell makes quality equipment. Sounds sterile to me though. A lot of people will tell you amps don't have a particular "sound", I am not one of those people. If you are getting a great deal, go for it. If not, I'd look at audiogon because I think you can get a lot better for the MSRP of that amp.
well he said my amp plus 2 grand //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif im almost sure i am going to get it but it is allot of money more then what i paid for my rotel.

btw i am one of those who know each amp has its own sound. at least it does in every car audio amp ive mesed with.

Sterile is exactly what they sound like. I would get a used Naim or Classe before I would buy that.... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

Sterile is exactly what they sound like. I would get a used Naim or Classe before I would buy that.... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
well from what i heard in a comparision both the def tech's and the 703 b&w are a little on the bright side dunno if you will agree with me so if you think classe will sound better with b&ws then im guessing they should sound better with the def techs //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

to me the rotel did help sq in certain ways but mostly it just made my setup louder. and me i really dont want it to be louder i just want more of a warm sound. i heard mcintosh is the way to go for that but those amps are pricy.

thats why i was asking you if i should change my tweeters but like you said and many others its not worth it.

looking at mcintosh theirs nothing that i want that i can afford //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif unless im missing something that is a 3 or 5 channel amp all i see is stereo and 7 channel amp

and classe looks good to but another amp that wont fit in my new stand. i wouldn't mind that to much since my amp right now isnt in the stand. im not even sure if the place where i bought my rotel carries classe and b&w by sterile what do you mean?

If you want better SQ, I'd be replacing speakers before I'd searching for

the Holy Grail SQ amplifier. You have to reason this out logically. Speakers

are electro+mechanical where the mechanical nature represents a big sonic

gremlin. Amplifiers are just electrical, no mechanical gremlins. This is the secret

to audio success, but you can be like everyone else and keep buying amps

until you get old and gray searching for hidden magic in spite that amplifier

topology hasn't really changed much in 20 years.

looking at mcintosh theirs nothing that i want that i can afford //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif unless im missing something that is a 3 or 5 channel amp all i see is stereo and 7 channel amp
and classe looks good to but another amp that wont fit in my new stand. i wouldn't mind that to much since my amp right now isnt in the stand. im not even sure if the place where i bought my rotel carries classe and b&w by sterile what do you mean?
Flat with out excitement. Clean with out being revealing. Dynamic with out the WOW....

The 700 Series new out of the box is a bit bright, but it evolves into a revealing open sound which is a very acquired tastes.

If you want better SQ, I'd be replacing speakers before I'd searching forthe Holy Grail SQ amplifier. You have to reason this out logically. Speakers

are electro+mechanical where the mechanical nature represents a big sonic

gremlin. Amplifiers are just electrical, no mechanical gremlins. This is the secret

to audio success, but you can be like everyone else and keep buying amps

until you get old and gray searching for hidden magic in spite that amplifier

topology hasn't really changed much in 20 years.
Speakers are going to make a much bigger difference in the scope of things.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.