those **** caps

donaldlovescara
10+ year member

i lost my lightbulb i used to charge my cap how do i charge it now and also i noticed a prob wit my 1fard digital read boss audio cap the remote input is messed up some how cause when i turn off my car the light on the cap goes off but i also have my crossover useing the same remote and the light stays on i dissconencted the crossover from the cap and it solved my prob also when i disconected the cap my music came alive i tested the cap and the votaged read dead and about the same time my alt went bad i since got a new alt but i dident hooke up the cap yet what could be the prob

Ok the bulb that came w/the cap is just a resistor(which every bulb is) u can go to radio shack and pick up a lil bulb similar to the 1 u used to have. A cap can do damage to a stock alternator and that may be the reason it died, so if your new 1 is a higher output you shouldent have a problem. The remote wire problem ill have to look into......

Just my two cents...................

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.