Thnx For The Welcome Back

mrray13
10+ year member

uz some fegbags
IL
to ramos and rangerman and anyone else who remembers little ole' me and has noticed my return..........THNX!

with summer hitting and everything i broke out the motorcycle (actually bought a new one this year) and hit the highways......mostly to and fro from work.

also, the car audio hobby was getting, GASP, a little boring. however, i am over that illness and once again enthralled with the BOOM. current project is my bro-in-law's firechicken. after a healthly 5.0ltr injection, replacing factory 6popper, we are starting on the sound system. for starters, 2 IDSPL 15's, these are handbuilt by Mark somethingorother, at ID. He's their second cheese or so we were told. anybody give us anymore info? what we do know is that we are the second owners, first owner real good friend, got a 156db with these off a single kicker xsomethingorother 1000 watt amp in a civic, and let us have them cheap. he went to dd and is going on to squares.

but back to the story, we are going to wall the chicken and start with a 800.2 fosgate. who knows from there. it's to be my first true comp car in which i'm doing most of the design and all the build. again, any help?

last but not least, i was recently injured at work. this has my right arm in a splint and surgery on my wrist possible in the future. this last revelation has led to my return here as i have nothing but time on my hands, well at least the good one, for a few more weeks.

hope that clears everything up, thnx for the welcome back and sorry i talk to much!!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/banghead.gif.8606515f668c74f6de0281deb475b6fd.gif :banghead: //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif :p

Guys, for those of you who don't know him, mrray knows his stuff. Welcome back man, I was wondering about you...I even sent you an email...LOL. Glad for you to be back!!!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

hey im curious about that new kicker sub. i've heard people say it was called kicker x, anyone have any info on this? like the specs, when it will come out, and how much will it cost?

I saw gary biggs at the IASCA finals. gary has two of these X subs in his 82 buick it looks like an 18" L7 but he was quick to inform us that it is a completely different animal. They have one back at stillwater with 5600 watts on it with no problems so far. He said they will debut it at sema. It is a massive sub that apparently (i say apparently b/c he was pretty secretive about it) it will have a separate motor and cone assembly so theoretically you can buy I motor assembly and they will have interchangeable parts so if you are wanting to use this in a small sealed box or a huge ported box it will be customizable. Also the comps and comp vrs will have titanium in the cone similar to L7.

heh, Mrray, i welcomed you back, lol.

not int eh nicest way, but you knows it gots love, lol.

anyways, talking about tha tKicker X will ahve loyd on here going, "I'm not at liberty to divulde that" with a smart ass little wink at the end, lol.

jk buddy.

Originally posted by cfurtick I saw gary biggs at the IASCA finals. gary has two of these X subs in his 82 buick it looks like an 18" L7 but he was quick to inform us that it is a completely different animal. They have one back at stillwater with 5600 watts on it with no problems so far. He said they will debut it at sema. It is a massive sub that apparently (i say apparently b/c he was pretty secretive about it) it will have a separate motor and cone assembly so theoretically you can buy I motor assembly and they will have interchangeable parts so if you are wanting to use this in a small sealed box or a huge ported box it will be customizable. Also the comps and comp vrs will have titanium in the cone similar to L7.
I heard rumors of it being a mix b/t a Shocker III and an L7, but with a completly different motor...ask Loyd...if he doesn't feel like being a CIA master today...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Hey, welcome back. It's been a long time, as a matter of fact the last time I saw you post was when you were a moderator at zanes site. Anyhow, good luck with your new design, I'm sure you will get good results.

Originally posted by Wonderbread heh, Mrray, i welcomed you back, lol.

not int eh nicest way, but you knows it gots love, lol.

anyways, talking about tha tKicker X will ahve loyd on here going, "I'm not at liberty to divulde that" with a smart ass little wink at the end, lol.

jk buddy.
u got snow on the brain bro, jus say no to crack and u'll b alright!!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif :laugh:

thnx phat, just hollared at zane las'night....again thnx to everyone!!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif :D

that kicker sounds like a monster, going to the dealer today for more info!!

bye.....................................:p :p

Sorry to hear about your arm man. A broken arm is what made me give up motorcycles.

Never heard about those subs from ID. You might want to talk to Matt borgardt over at carsound. If anybody knows ID it's him. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

As for advice on building the comp car. Be very precise when building your enclosure. It will make, or break your success. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

i wish it was as simple as a break...........two ligaments possibly torn and these have led to seperated bones in my wrist. YAY GO TEAM!!!

thnx for the name, will definitely look him up.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.