this is some bulls!!!!t

musclehead
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
san diego
i just got a call from my little brother here at work. he told me he just went outside and his window was busted. his mtx 10's and his vibe 1200 had been stolen. keep in mind it is still light outside. he just got it three days ago. we live in the same apartment building. i bought l- brackets today for my box. im also installing a lock and chain on it on my lunch break or go to home depot after work. guys i am so noid now. someone saw us carry his stuff to the car. he doesnt play his music near home. keep in mind his window of his dodge shadow (different car) was busted and his pioneer cd player was stolen about two weeks ago. i told him to buy the alarm first. he was getting it installed (he says) tomorrow at best buy. i feel so bad for him. i can actually say that im pissed. i am a little afraid too. i have an alarm and if i catch someone trippin' i can and will do some serious damage. its sad how people steal from others, especially those who work so hard to get the things that they want and need.

Man, I'm sorry to hear that...

I know you've isntalled it only a couple days ago. Priceless alarms...I'm getting mine installed today.

Oh, and I also got this thin security film, sorta like a tint film, by 3M. It was actually supposed to deter road rage. Your glass would smash, but the film will prevent anyone from having access to what's inside for some time. It can be cut easily from the inside, quite impossible without a knife from the outside.

Again, sorry to hear about the incident..//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

You've definitely got someone in your area that knows you or at least watches you. I don't even know what to say, this just digs at me as it probably does many, many people here.

That *****. I just got jacked for EVERYTHING about 2 months ago, that's why I am out buying again. They got 3 amps (Alpine, PPI, Xtant) my head unit (Alpine CDA-7494, something like that, top of the line about 5 years ago), and my subs (2 12" Pioneer IMPP).

Funny part is, they didn't take any of my CD's that were laying on the front seat, my cell phone which was in the arm rest, which they got in to take the remote to my HU, and didn't take the garage door opener to my house which was on the visor.

man i dont my brother is handling this very well. i went to see him on my lunch break and he wouldnt answer his door. im almost sure that he was home. as soon as i left his crib i went to home depot to get some eyebolts, a couple of locks and and a chain. man you cant have nothing nowadays. i think youre right wesley. there is someone scoping us. its driving me nuts. now whats that safety film stuff and how and where do i get it?

I wouldn't bother with the 3M tape, if it can be easily cut with a knife, it can more than likely easily be ripped with a screw driver, which most thieves would carry around with them.

i feel they are gonna try me again. remember a couple of months ago my autotek amp and my mtx15's. i guess yall dont remember me mentioning that. but anywayz, its like waiting in line to get kicked in the balls. my box is very heavy. they would have to have a car. im strong as hell (not bragging) and i had a hard time with it (woofer installed).

my next investment will be a baseball bat. i have always been a baseball fan if you know what i mean. i like my neighborhood, but im thinking about moving to more of a surban kind of habitat (the county). i cant even live around my own people without worrying about someone stealing my car or breaking into my home.

Moving won't solve your problem. There is crime EVERYWHERE. I live in an upper class area ($300,000+ on average) and, as stated, I've had theft problems. It's impossible to get away with it.

Move into the "hood" of your particular area and the local thugs will steal it, move into an upper class neighborhood and people will travel to you to steal what you have, because they assume since you live out there you must have some nice stuff to take.

There is a total lack of respect in the world, no way around it.

Originally posted by paikiah Oh, and I also got this thin security film, sorta like a tint film, by 3M. It was actually supposed to deter road rage. Your glass would smash, but the film will prevent anyone from having access to what's inside for some time. It can be cut easily from the inside, quite impossible without a knife from the outside.

Again, sorry to hear about the incident..//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif
know any details on this security film? im definitley interested.

thanks

-pat

Originally posted by musclehead i feel they are gonna try me again. remember a couple of months ago my autotek amp and my mtx15's. i guess yall dont remember me mentioning that. but anywayz, its like waiting in line to get kicked in the balls. my box is very heavy. they would have to have a car. im strong as hell (not bragging) and i had a hard time with it (woofer installed).

my next investment will be a baseball bat. i have always been a baseball fan if you know what i mean. i like my neighborhood, but im thinking about moving to more of a surban kind of habitat (the county). i cant even live around my own people without worrying about someone stealing my car or breaking into my home.
The best way to stop theives is to get a really loud alarm, and just do what you're doing. Bolt everything down very securely so that if they want it, they'll have to do some major work to get it loose. Another tip that's been given over and over is to use odd types of bolts and screws....hex heads, star heads....stuff like that. Just about any theif carries a couple of standard screw drivers, but how many of them have a 3/16" hex head in their pocket? If you want to go all out, I know that viper makes a system that has a remote alarm sensor.....so if you're somewhere that you can't hear your alarm going off, the remote will start beeping or viberating. Those run about $400, but that's a lot cheaper than having your stuff jacked twice a year!

do this, when you live in an apartment building.....

if you gonna carry subs or car audio stuff to the car either do it durning the week right smack dab in the middle of the day when everyone is at work, or do it really really really really late at night during the week when everyone "should be sleep" - 430am on a Tuesday is usually a prefect time..... and then when you want to install it, take ur tools and go to a office park like after 5pm then do it

Originally posted by limitkid7 do this, when you live in an apartment building.....

if you gonna carry subs or car audio stuff to the car either do it durning the week right smack dab in the middle of the day when everyone is at work, or do it really really really really late at night during the week when everyone "should be sleep" - 430am on a Tuesday is usually a prefect time..... and then when you want to install it, take ur tools and go to a office park like after 5pm then do it
man what has the world come to that we have to sneak around just to install some subs in a car nowadays just to prevent some local ******* from stealing them....//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/mad.gif.c18f003ab0ef8a0d9c27ca78d77a6392.gif

Originally posted by loserpunk man what has the world come to that we have to sneak around just to install some subs in a car nowadays just to prevent some local ******* from stealing them....//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/mad.gif.c18f003ab0ef8a0d9c27ca78d77a6392.gif
i do'nt know, but gotta do that sometimes man.....

This truly indeed is a sad story. I've been jacked once for my stereo, subs, amp & interior lighting(actually they just broke my lights) but yeah if I knew that the ppl were in my neighborhood than that would drive me to purchase an alarm & wait for them to come! Im not violent by nature neither am I a victim by nature. I just dont think that we should take sh** frm herb *****z. If I see someone touching my car the wrong way Im gonna take it to the street on em! ONE

Originally posted by Aurorav8 Moving won't solve your problem. There is crime EVERYWHERE. I live in an upper class area ($300,000+ on average) and, as stated, I've had theft problems. It's impossible to get away with it.

Move into the "hood" of your particular area and the local thugs will steal it, move into an upper class neighborhood and people will travel to you to steal what you have, because they assume since you live out there you must have some nice stuff to take.

There is a total lack of respect in the world, no way around it.

Moving might solve your problem if you want to live by me. Hi im from Wisconsin. The worst thing that happened in my neighborhood in the last 10 years was somebody threw eggs at a house. (wasnt me i swear) that and some **** kids keep playing their car stereos to loud whenever they build new boxes //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

musclehead

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
musclehead
san diego
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date