Thinking outside the box

mykeys
10+ year member

URABUS
I saw this in another forum and thought I would share..I think its sweet!!

mvc-009f.jpg

mvc-004f.jpg

Mike

Mark Eldridge built one years ago he called it (The BassBall) He has been doing this almost as long as I have been alive so what does that tell ya? A sphere has better sccoustic characteristics than a box, no standing waves and fewer problems with resonance. However it would be difficult to say the least to build one.

Mike

no way man... lol that thing looks ritcheously bad a$$.. if i had the space in my car... id check that bad boy out... lol how much do u think one of those puppies would cost.??.....//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

This guy apparently built it himself..fiberglass.. Phat you can blem it on Zane I think it was...wait no it was Grndprix..he used to come here regularly..anyway he posted about this other forum so I checked it out..These guys are far beyond anything I have ever done..And I thought I knew quite a bit..I have a lot to learn.

Mike

BTW the site is http://www.carsound.com/cgi-bin/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?action=intro

The mods have been around for a long time

Originally posted by mykeys BTW the site is http://www.carsound.com/cgi-bin/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?action=intro

The mods have been around for a long time
Richard is pretty cool. I like the way he cuts through the BS and tells you straight. Matt is a pretty cool guy also. They are all very helpful. And yes they do get into some technical discussions. But it's fun to learn. And I have found no better place for it than carsound. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I have to agree. Its funny often times when Richard puts it point blank to ya. I never made it past Algebra 101 (b4 I quit to go back to work..) So much of the tech stuff is far beyond my understanding..I try but I would need an interpretor(sp?) It is fun though when I do start to comprehend whats going on..Doesnt happen often enough though.

Mike

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.