thinking of Active setup.....

i know you can use the HU and amp for the active set up rught??

ok so I still dont get how to wire everything up....

like the front rca would go to the amp the wire 1st channel to a woofer, & 2nd channel to another woofer right??

and the tweeters to the HU??

would i need or use the crossovers from the hex components??

You'd basically run a set of RCAs for your mids to the front amp input, and another set for the tweets to the rear input. Or vice versa, doesn't really matter. Active means you don't use the passive crossovers.

ok...

so let me see if i get how to wire things....

WIRING.jpg

ok, so you just hook up the front RCA to the amp the you hook up 1channel to the left woofer and the 2nd channel to the right woofer..... so were do you hook up the tweeters to?? the 3 and 4 channels.....

tweets to ch.1/2 & the mids to ch.3/4.....

so i still dont get it?? do i hook up the rear rca's also, to be able to use the 3-4 channels??

i am gonna get the jl 450/4.....

What scares me is that you dont really have a clue what your doing, and you want to do an active setup. Without having properly set up crossovers and equilization, you will have very crappy sound and possibly some fried equipment.

What scares me is that you dont really have a clue what your doing, and you want to do an active setup. Without having properly set up crossovers and equilization, you will have very crappy sound and possibly some fried equipment.

i have alittle idea on how o do sincei have been reading on an active setup on here.... I just wanted to know how to hook everything up.....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.