think this is a good idea?

Participant count
  • Participant list

skylineTT
10+ year member

bass=sekz
i have an 88 notch (mustang that is) that is being somewhat restored and turned into a Street/Strip car. trying to keep the weight down so ill be goin with race buckets in the front...

as for the back, im thinking about taking the rear seat out, carpeting a piece of MDF and making a wall where the back seat is, then keeping the floor carpet there (it covers all the way upto the back wall) to make it look clean. i can seal the trunk off, and throw 2 15s in that wall, and use aero ports, making the trunk an enclosure and still keeping a clean look, without adding a ton of weight.

i have a 200A alty comin to me thanks to revots, and the big 3 is done on it already. i could run a clean ZX2500 on that electrical so do you think itd all work out? it seems to me that ill look just fine, be loud, and i can cover it all up with a blankey at night. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

this wont even happen for a while because i need to get some $$$ but what do you guys think?

i have an 88 notch (mustang that is) that is being somewhat restored and turned into a Street/Strip car. trying to keep the weight down so ill be goin with race buckets in the front...
as for the back, im thinking about taking the rear seat out, carpeting a piece of MDF and making a wall where the back seat is, then keeping the floor carpet there (it covers all the way upto the back wall) to make it look clean. i can seal the trunk off, and throw 2 15s in that wall, and use aero ports, making the trunk an enclosure and still keeping a clean look, without adding a ton of weight.

i have a 200A alty comin to me thanks to revots, and the big 3 is done on it already. i could run a clean ZX2500 on that electrical so do you think itd all work out? it seems to me that ill look just fine, be loud, and i can cover it all up with a blankey at night. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

this wont even happen for a while because i need to get some $$$ but what do you guys think?
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

thats adding weight //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

taking the seat out and putting an MDF board there should just about cancel out.

the point is, im doing subs anyways and would rather do this than add a ton of weight to the trunk by making a box in there, plus this will be louder and more unique.

Scarolinablazin = jumps on bashing bandwagon douchebag. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif its not a full out race car so its not like im really really worried about weight. itll have plenty enough power to go fast so its not really a big deal. might not ever happen anyways. i just think that if i was to do some type of sub stage, this would be it.

not really IB. the trunk will be completely sealed and act as an inclosure with aero ports in the middle of both subs. id want to tune to about 32

taking the seat out and putting an MDF board there should just about cancel out.
the point is, im doing subs anyways and would rather do this than add a ton of weight to the trunk by making a box in there, plus this will be louder and more unique.
Question is do you want it fast or do you want it loud?

i had a 93 5.0 Thunderbird. it was white and very clean. i liked that car but got into the performance thing. it really was a great car audio car.

This is a vid of it.

im not doing DB comps or anything. just solid 140s or higher if possible on music. itll be plenty fast enough with the stuff im doing to it.

i could also just do 1 15 on 1500-2000 watts as well. im sure itll still be loud.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.