Think I'm Close

Participant count
  • Participant list
I am holding you responsible for what I just did LOL, was just told we will be working 6-10s for a while and I'm going rock crawling on my days off. So I just returned the sheet I ordered on Lowes and bought a GP glue and screw premium. I went with the Baltic birch, double baffles, flush mount, all the bells and whistles etc... I told them the specs I needed so lets see what happens, $500 isn't a lot for a great box imo.

Baltic birch has no real benefits. But if that is your only choice other than MDF I would take it.

Pop you've seen the pictures of the box I have 1" Russian Birch. SA is who built it and shipped it to me. Him and Buck are friends. He has a CNC machine that Buck was programming remotely and doing some of the designs for him. He is really good and a hell of a nice guy.

I tried finding a Sound Authority in Tampa and can't find anything. Got a link? I live really close to Tampa.

I love maple. My favorite wood. I do my personal enclosures with that.
Why do you like maple? Rigidity? Weight?

It's crazy how car audio BASICS have evolved in the last 10-15 years. Mdf used to be the gold standard bar none, now it is considered budget wood. I can understand things like sound quality and efficiency improving as new circuitry and technology is developed, but ******* wood!? How was that not settled shortly after speakers were invented?

It's crazy how car audio BASICS have evolved in the last 10-15 years. Mdf used to be the gold standard bar none, now it is considered budget wood. I can understand things like sound quality and efficiency improving as new circuitry and technology is developed, but ******* wood!? How was that not settled shortly after speakers were invented?
It has no sound benefit from what I can tell. Maple is lighter than MDF and I have always liked the stained wood and poly finishes. It’s just looks for me. I guess some people say birch sounds better, and I’m honestly tired of arguing with them about it. I can’t hear a difference at all between MDF, maple, birch, oak, etc. I used oak on my last build because the Maple was out of stock and it worked great also. I just prefer the way maple looks when stained is my only reason.

Last edited:

I just like it because of the grain and how it looks after being stained. MDF is actually the best panel to use for making a box. It is the "deadest' wood there is. But it soaks up moisture and is heavy.

It has no sound benefit from what I can tell. Maple is lighter than MDF and I have always liked the stained wood and poly finishes. It’s just looks for me. I guess some people say birch sounds better, and I’m honestly tired of arguing with them about it. I can’t hear a difference at all between MDF, maple, birch, oak, etc. I used oak on my last build because the Maple was out of stock and it worked great also. I just prefer the way maple looks when stained is my only reason.
They say you can get 1-2db louder with MDF, personally I can't tell lol. I have a buddy that uses cheap azz pine plywood and his **** hits hard af.

Got my new mids in, they sound great but I can tell they are not going to be loud enough lol. The wood goes up to 35 on the volume but it starts clipping at 30. I'm going to get an amp, any recommendations on a good 4 channel that's around 100w rms at 4 ohms? I was actually looking at the trauma 4 channels but would like to save a little money this time, but damn they would match lol.
Ive got one and two 2ks. Pretty solid little amp for the money so far. Just a tad smaller than a PPI Phantom 900.4and a tad larger than a PPI Phantom 600.2. Its been a nice little workhorse @ 2 ch @4 ohms and 2 ch @2ohms. So far...a dammned good little amp man

Attachments

• 20220210_005006 (1).jpg
    20220210_005006 (1).jpg
    646.9 KB · Views: 17
  • 20220210_004957 (3).jpg
    20220210_004957 (3).jpg
    712.8 KB · Views: 18
CT Sounds 150.4

Attachments

• 20220210_004624 (1).jpg
    20220210_004624 (1).jpg
    663.1 KB · Views: 15
  • 20220210_004635 (1).jpg
    20220210_004635 (1).jpg
    610.7 KB · Views: 18
  • 20220210_004647 (1).jpg
    20220210_004647 (1).jpg
    565.4 KB · Views: 15
I am holding you responsible for what I just did LOL, was just told we will be working 6-10s for a while and I'm going rock crawling on my days off. So I just returned the sheet I ordered on Lowes and bought a GP glue and screw premium. I went with the Baltic birch, double baffles, flush mount, all the bells and whistles etc... I told them the specs I needed so lets see what happens, $500 isn't a lot for a great box imo.
:poop: 👀 👀 :ROFLMAO:
Man,Ithink you will be happy with it. Ive had nothing but great results out of all the ones Ive put together so far. Delivered with no issues with any damage and come with nice sheet of instructions of which piece goes where and marked also. I have another dual 12" @30HTZ (I believe?have to look again to verify) that I need to put together. I use T head or Square head Deck plus screws and Locktite tube sealant. The box would have to pretty much Explode to come apart at any connections made with the screws and Locktite bond

:poop: 👀 👀 :ROFLMAO:
Man,Ithink you will be happy with it. Ive had nothing but great results out of all the ones Ive put together so far. Delivered with no issues with any damage and come with nice sheet of instructions of which piece goes where and marked also. I have another dual 12" @30HTZ (I believe?have to look again to verify) that I need to put together. I use T head or Square head Deck plus screws and Locktite tube sealant. The box would have to pretty much Explode to come apart at any connections made with the screws and Locktite bond

Right on, I'm excited, they said it was in design right now. And I love powergrab and tight bond.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...