Think i might be clipping..

jmoneypierce21
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I can put in a store bought cd or brand new mixed cd and crank it and it will skip at times..but if i use an mp3 cd it will never skip. If i keep the volume low it doesnt skip ever,is this clipping if so how do i fix it?(Getting 14.35 on voltage so not because of voltage drop right)

does the bass hit harder with store bought cd's? perhaps its vibrating the head unit more causing it to skip.. when something clips it makes a pop noise... dont cause the song to skip

The CD is spinning in your drive as opposed to most mp3s being flash drives(no spinning).

*EDIT* MP3 CD......just now saw that.

does the bass hit harder with store bought cd's? perhaps its vibrating the head unit more causing it to skip.. when something clips it makes a pop noise... dont cause the song to skip
omg i thought i was just being stupid you just solved my problem thank you //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

realized the deck only skips when i have my seats down, so its from the bass right? And wut can i do to stop this, local shop says get a better deck. But i have no money(no job) so thats not an option. Anything else i can try?

Is the deck backstrapped? If not, that'd be the first thing to do, make sure it is mounted as securely and solidly as possible. If that doesn't work, there's a chance a cleaning would help, and make sure all your discs are clean. Otherwise, you might be in the market for a new deck or learning to live with it.

Is the deck backstrapped? If not, that'd be the first thing to do, make sure it is mounted as securely and solidly as possible. If that doesn't work, there's a chance a cleaning would help, and make sure all your discs are clean. Otherwise, you might be in the market for a new deck or learning to live with it.
sometimes securing the deck too solid can work against you.

well.. just thinking but maybe you can make a masonite cutout of your mounting bracket. then line the top of the cutout with some deadener. then put the mounting bracket on top of the cutout and screw it all into place. Should help reduce the vibrations the headunit is getting.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.