Thiele specs, or enclosure size?...Audiopipe TXX-BD2W-18

Participant count
  • Participant list
Does anybody know what the thiele specs are, (or recommend ported enclosure size is), for the Audiopipe TXX-BD2W-18? I am trying to build a ported enclosure (tuned to around 32hz), and have not been able to locate any technical specifications anywhere for this subwoofer.

Does anybody know what the thiele specs are, (or recommend ported enclosure size is), for the Audiopipe TXX-BD2W-18? I am trying to build a ported enclosure (tuned to around 32hz), and have not been able to locate any technical specifications anywhere for this subwoofer.
Try emailing them. Not much info out there. How much power you going to feed it?

I tried to contact them, through their site, and when the link is clicked on, it goes nowhere. As far as the amp goes, I am considering an Audiopipe APCL 15001D. It is rated at 1500 watts RMS (1ch at 1 ohm). I am however open for suggestions on that. As far as enclosure size goes, I can go up to around 8 cu ft. Also, this is going in my little 4x4 Suzuki X-90. I plan on putting the 18" centered behind the seats, protruding into the trunk, along with a total of 4 - 8" three ways (one in each door, and two in the rear deck lid), all run off of a separate 4ch amp. Do you think the 18" will be too much?

I've been through this with AP before. Good luck getting usable parameters. The ones you get will likely be bogus anyways.

Ya, I hear ya....I actually have not even purchased the amp, or sub yet. I just found the Audiopipe amp/sub for a great price. I am open to suggestions. I have 8 cu ft to work with for (ported) enclosure size. My available surface area is 30"x50". So, I could fit anything from multiple 12's, 15's, or 18's. My only limitation is money....I only have $1000 available to spend.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.