They stole EVERYTHING

no i was to busy running away with the gear.. DUH... J/K
i have just had a few car's towed into my shop with it done.

or i'll see some car's that have had the battery wire's replaced. then i asked the costomer why, and they tell me someone had cut there neg batt wire. and stole there sweet sony cd player.

i just say. gee golly that would have never happend if youre securith system had a back up batt..

they say okely dokely, and have me install one.
h0 n0ez

When I was in college, a buddy of mine had his system lifted just as you typed above. He said his alarm sounded for less than ONE second with two thieves working in tandem on his Mazda pickup.
Before the days BEFORE back up batteries, another friend of mine woke up to a stolen system. They drilled the bottom of his battery to bleed out all the acid. That was a HUGE insurance claim because a lot more than the stereo and battery had to be replaced.
my alarm is actually under my center console. you have to take it all apart to get to it.

allso i used diffrent wire color's and taped wire's in well hidin spot's. you look under my dash, you would never be able to tell there is an alarm in it.

allso back up batt, and the sec batt in the trunk will keep it alive.. if any cables are cut.

hood, trunk pin's. door pins, mercury tilt switch, and dual zone radar sensor ftw.

tis a shame.. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crying.gif.ec0ebefe590df0251476573bc49e46d8.gif

my alarm is actually under my center console. you have to take it all apart to get to it.allso i used diffrent wire color's and taped wire's in well hidin spot's. you look under my dash, you would never be able to tell there is an alarm in it.

allso back up batt, and the sec batt in the trunk will keep it alive.. if any cables are cut.

hood, trunk pin's. door pins, mercury tilt switch, and dual zone radar sensor ftw.

tis a shame.. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crying.gif.ec0ebefe590df0251476573bc49e46d8.gif
You have to dang near gut the interior to get to all the pieces/parts of my alarm in the Civic. This is the site that gave me my inspiration for the complicated alarm install: http://causeforalarm.thecarthing.com/version6/stealth_alarm/index.html

I am still undecided as to if I am going to install the alarm in my Mustang personally or just pay a shop to do it. I hate killing a whole weekend just to take the extra effort to do it right. Then again, there is only one surefire way to know that the alarm was installed correctly, so I will probably do it myself.

thats why i am getting an alarm asap where they wont have time to pull anything out because they will draw attention to them because the alarm will be going off

did you call your insurance and see if they cover it or not
Wrong and ask me how I know.

An alarm should always be the first aftermarket investment put on a car. Period.
He can invest in one, but I wouldn't waste your money on a highly priced one. I had 2 alarms on my cutlass. On older Viper and had fawking train horns on it and even had a crimestopper bypass if they got to that one. Well apparently, the people that stole my car were really good!

Asked neighbors around the area and they said they heard an alarm, but didn't know where it was coming from. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif I just think they were glad I had it stolen as I would test my system in the parking lot on my breaks, being this was at my work place. (Granted I was pretty retarded with it back then)

So they must have gotten to them pretty quick and took off with my car. Once through the alarms, it was easy to steal. They would have been there for hours taking my system as 85% of it was built into the car and fiberglassed, plexied and whole box was built into the trunk. So they took it too a chop shop! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/verymad.gif.3f39c5c2fd57527b671fad3efdfac756.gif

My point is, if a good enough theif wants to take your ride, or steal some ****, they are going too. My advice is, be very careful where you play it, watch to make sure nobody follows you to where ever you are going and hide everything! Don't drive a bling'd out ride! These were all my mistakes before and lost over 7500k in audio and rims/tires. Not to mention a clean ass cutty!

I have around 1200 in audio now and have had it for a couple years with different equipment going in and out and never had a problem and only have a factory alarm on it and it *****, but I have nothing showing, pretty normal looking everyday car and watch where I play it. Yeah it *****, but better than being with out the system or the car.

thats why i am getting an alarm asap where they wont have time to pull anything out because they will draw attention to them because the alarm will be going off
did you call your insurance and see if they cover it or not
you think an alarm going off would save you? the only person an alarm alerts that may be concerned it yourself.

you think an alarm going off would save you? the only person an alarm alerts that may be concerned it yourself.
x2. Alarms are useless. Honestly, what does anyone here even do when they hear one that isn't their own go off??

Go for stealth and sturdy mounting. Ive had a flashy truck and a system for 5 years and have had it parked in some bad spots. You can't see anything except tweets and HU from outside. To get at anything other than door speakers or HU you'd have to start unbolting seats. I don't boom in bad places and so far it's all still there, knock on wood.

A very loud alarm will save anyones ass......4 peizo horns outside, and a $400 train horn set will deff get more attention then just your own. Especially if you have Nathan K3's like me that you can here up to 3+ miles away on a calm night. Of course a theif can get around any alarm, key is to hide the wires and shove it up so far in the dash that your installer gets pissed off.

Fortunatly, I have no need for a good alarm, not too much theft around here

Really sorry about your loss bro //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Sorry to hear about your stuff man. I KNOW my stock alarm doesn't even go off. I "broke" into my own car once just to try. left the windows down and locked the doors, pulled the handle, got in, had my deck out of the car in like 3 minutes. Not good.

Thankfully, at least my subs and amp would be alright...I have lockable rear-fold down seats and my trunk release is locked also. The only thing they could grab would be my CD player. It's pretty stuck in there though...

I tried finding a hood lock for my Jetta on the interwebz to no avail. Anyone know where I can find one?

***** man, i know how you feel. when i was first building my system, there was a morning where i found all my gear ripped off. they just pulled the NEG cable of the battery and instantly cut my alarm. they were quick enough that i never got a page on my alarm's remote telling me that my alarm went off.

a few things you can do that i learned:

1) stealth system

2) tint

3) dont play music near your final destination

4) backup battery

5) two additional piezos sirens inside the cabin and connect the horn to the alarm

6) hood lock if you can

They were quick enough that I never got a page on my alarm's remote telling me that my alarm went off.

That is why I have a complete separate paging alarm system by Autopage. I can have my audible alarm off and only have silent alarm by page & catch them red handed! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/hitbybrick.gif.68a672fae224041f00769a97c2c1bf2d.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.