they sound very very bad

the speaker amp will be well worth it...go for it for sure...i would go with the us acoustics USX4065 from http://www.thezeb.com/caraudio/us_acoustics.html about 130 shipped
is this amp better than the JBL 80.4?

24 gauge speaker wire is perfectly fine if you're only using your head unit to power your speakers. If you use an external amplifier, I suggest you use 18 gauge or 16 gauge
so just forget rewiring the whole thing its not worth it?

well thanks again i gues i will just make sure all the speakers are hooked up right and seal in all of the holes, thank you

if you have any more help tell me i could use it

o yeah one more thing

It means one speaker has + to + and - to - like it should, but the other one has + to - and - to +.. so it's getting a signal that has it moving in the opposite direction of the other one at any given point in time.. The implication is, make sure all the speakers are wired properly (or at least the same)..
could cracking and poping of the speakers mean that i did this? because i do have that...thanx

Originally posted by ZmanTT o yeah one more thing

could cracking and poping of the speakers mean that i did this? because i do have that...thanx
yupp especially at high volumes

well that happened to me...so i would think that's your problem too //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

let us know when u fix it

Originally posted by Savant what does that mean?

but anyways thanks again, peace
It means one speaker has + to + and - to - like it should, but the other one has + to - and - to +.. so it's getting a signal that has it moving in the opposite direction of the other one at any given point in time.. The implication is, make sure all the speakers are wired properly (or at least the same)..

Hope that helps.. [/b]

thats one way...but if the speakers are wired correctly, the gap between the front and back of the speaker might be big enough where as the back wave of the speaker (which would be sealed off in the trunk), and front wave which is the actual sound you'll hear cancel out eachother...which would be just about the same as wireing one speaker backwards.

alright i went out there and took everything apart and the wires were all wrong, so i put them on all right and it has alot less cracking and poping, but i guess i can live with it. and i'm guessing that i just need a amp for it to be louder right?

thats one way...but if the speakers are wired correctly, the gap between the front and back of the speaker might be big enough where as the back wave of the speaker (which would be sealed off in the trunk), and front wave which is the actual sound you'll hear cancel out eachother...which would be just about the same as wireing one speaker backwards.
so would it be worth sealing all of the holes and openings with somthing like acrylic latex caulk? u think that would work? and also i have insulation in were the speakers are like all stuffed around them....should i take it out or leave it in?

but anyways u guys have helped me alot, ya'll are very smart, thank you

well...do whatever it takes to seal off the front from the back of the speaker. take the speaker out before you caulk it if thats what you are going to do...just so you dont get the speakers permanently installed there...

is the insulation kept away from the cone of the speakers, or is it just loose and everywhere. if it's touching the cone, that could be a possible problem.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.