they sound very very bad

ZmanTT
10+ year member

tx
please help me out here, heres the situation i just intalled 2 4X6 in the front dash and 2 6x9 in the back i had to cut holes for the 6x9's and i put room insulation in with all the speakers....i'm running all of the speakers off the head unit (55X4) and i used 24 gauge wire to go to all the speakers i tightened the speakers down as tight as they would go but they are not fush against the board and i just wedged the 4x6 in so theres gaps on all four speakers....and honestly it sounds like ****, is there anything i could do to help the sound? i know this is a really ghetto set up but u think u guys could help me out, peace

24 gauge, isn't that a little small? i'd go to like 16 or 14 gauge, but that shouldn't have to do with anything about the quality. what kind of h/u do you have?

Originally posted by ZmanTT please help me out here, heres the situation i just intalled 2 4X6 in the front dash and 2 6x9 in the back i had to cut holes for the 6x9's and i put room insulation in with all the speakers....i'm running all of the speakers off the head unit (55X4) and i used 24 gauge wire to go to all the speakers i tightened the speakers down as tight as they would go but they are not fush against the board and i just wedged the 4x6 in so theres gaps on all four speakers....and honestly it sounds like ****, is there anything i could do to help the sound? i know this is a really ghetto set up but u think u guys could help me out, peace
maybe your speakers are out of phase

thanks guys i really appreciate your help, so will upgrading all the wires to 16 gauge and sealing in all of the holes....with maybe then it should sound a lil better? if that will help then i'll do it in a second....

get a 4 channel amp
yeah i was gonna get a JBL 80.4 for the speakers but i wasn't sure if it was gonna make the sound much better for 130 bucks but if it does i will do it.

24 gauge, isn't that a little small? i'd go to like 16 or 14 gauge, but that shouldn't have to do with anything about the quality. what kind of h/u do you have?
i have a blaupunkt BP655....i know its not the top of the line or anything but i got it for cheap with a life time warrenty / and is the 24 gauge keeping alot fo the potential for the speakers back?

what does that mean?

but anyways thanks again, peace

Originally posted by ZmanTT  

what does that mean?

but anyways thanks again, peace
It means one speaker has + to + and - to - like it should, but the other one has + to - and - to +.. so it's getting a signal that has it moving in the opposite direction of the other one at any given point in time.. The implication is, make sure all the speakers are wired properly (or at least the same)..

Hope that helps..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.