They came today...

The Alpines sounded relatively good (another car audio absurdity) to the Delcos. The Focals were a great improvement on the Alpines, again relatively. Now, for the most absurd car audio absurdity, I went on the prowl yet again for an even better sounding set of speakers. Saying that a set of speakers sounds good is such an absurdity, and that all speakers sound good is, in my mind at least, an absurdity. If that were actually the case, my car would be bone stock or have only a CD player installed. I guess upon further consideration, I do not see from where you're coming.
****it, you just don't get it. Even after I highlighted relevant text, you still completely missed the point. How does that happen? The text was clear and well-delineated, the language was simple, and you still can't grasp the concept. Did you actually read what I wrote? I come to this site, and it's as if one guy is dumber than the next. I can count the folks with brains on two hands. Where do you people come from? Is there some hidden stash of morons that gets tapped every time this site needs new members?

****it, you just don't get it. Even after I highlighted relevant text, you still completely missed the point. How does that happen? The text was clear and well-delineated, the language was simple, and you still can't grasp the concept. Did you actually read what I wrote? I come to this site, and it's as if one guy is dumber than the next. I can count the folks with brains on two hands. Where do you people come from? Is there some hidden stash of morons that gets tapped every time this site needs new members?
There you go. You've figured me out. I'm secretely a moron from this "stash of morons" released to do nothing but misunderstand your jibberish. D*mn, I thought for sure that I'd never be figured out. You're good, real good.

Just as an update for those of you who actually care and don't want to ridicule me for whatever reason, I have yet to make any progress whatsoever on even attempting to install these in my car. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif I have not had any free time and the few hours of free time I've had were spent on my truck, fixing all the shit that always seems to break. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/mad.gif.c18f003ab0ef8a0d9c27ca78d77a6392.gif I eventually will have them installed and will do a build log and take a lot of pics of my car and all that good stuff for everyone to see. Hopefully by that point, I'll be better at taking pics so they'll come out better than the pics of my speakers.

Not everyone obsesses about the numbers, and all that **** around here. Maybe you should go back to diyma, or whatever douche bag factory pumped you out.

Not everyone obsesses about the numbers, and all that **** around here. Maybe you should go back to diyma, or whatever douche bag factory pumped you out.
uh oh,you done done it now.he's gonna big word and intelligent phrase your ass to death:laugh://content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Not everyone obsesses about the numbers, and all that **** around here.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

What numbers? I see that your entry coincides with the tapping of the moron pool in '09. (Please refer to the passage you quoted.)

Maybe you should go back to diyma, or whatever douche bag factory pumped you out.
I'm slain by the rapier wit.

uh oh,you done done it now.he's gonna big word and intelligent phrase your ass to death:laugh://content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif
Which brain pool spit you out?

And, of course, the OP trying to latch on to a bit of sympathy tossed his way by his peers. The circle is complete.

I'm glad you're happy with them bro. Techronics is an awesome place to buy from imo, I've purchased from them 3 times with no problems what so ever and their customer service seemed top notch.

I'm glad you're happy with them bro. Techronics is an awesome place to buy from imo, I've purchased from them 3 times with no problems what so ever and their customer service seemed top notch.
Thanks and I know. I had to call them about the order because it was taking longer than I expected. I called and the guy I talked to, John, personally packaged them, shipped them himself, then called me back to let me know and emailed me the tracking number.

Ive heard of this also.
I registered mine with Pioneer and everything was all "numbers matching". They're real. I was, however, quite surprised that I was able to register them after purchasing them from an unauthorized dealer. They seem to not care.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gifWhat numbers? I see that your entry coincides with the tapping of the moron pool in '09. (Please refer to the passage you quoted.)
I believe the notorious moron pool on this forum is from 2008. Everyone on here complains about the 08ers, both you and I being one of them...

Which brain pool spit you out?
Anyone could obviously see he's an 06er. Duh.

And, of course, the OP trying to latch on to a bit of sympathy tossed his way by his peers. The circle is complete.

I am ever so glad I was able to complete this "circle" of which you speak. Thank you to everyone who "tossed" me "a bit of sympathy" for me to "try to latch on to". Without you, the "circle" would not be complete; whatever would we do in such a case?

FJF, fuck off.

Don't bother responding to FJF. Pretty much every thread i've seen him post in, he says dumb **** that pisses everybody off. Nothing personal FJF, you just don't get along with others because you consistently act like an angry, bitter *******.

Those 720PRS are supposed to sound pretty nice from what i've been hearing, but haven't heard them personally. The woofers look pretty beefy; how much power are you going to be giving them?

Re: some genre's of music sounding better on a particular set...if all you listen to is irish folk music, you don't really need a set of speakers that play with authority down to 60hz to reproduce the fiddles and ****. However, if you prefer listening to club music that has massive amounts of sound between 50 and 200hz, then suddenly the same set of speakers that sounded great with your irish folk music sounds like complete ass while trying to reproduce all that midbass clearly. So don't discount subjective reviews totally.

For example; i heard a set of eclipse components that sounded excellent playing music that didn't need to reproduce large amounts of low frequency content - they had a 4 inch midrange and a tweeter. Obviously not going to play well in the midbass range - however, that setup did sound EXCELLENT for what it was designed to do. If you tried to listen to some good techno, it was lacking alot; it needed a dedicated midbass driver because of the small size of the midrange. That doesn't mean the midrange sounds bad or good in all situations - but it does mean that it will in SOME situations, which might be prevalent in a particular kind of music. That's where people get their 'what genre do you listen to?' questions.

Personally, i'd rather see impedance and response graphs of the speakers as tested in a car, but you can still glean some information from subjective reviews. Just remember that there are a lot of variables involved...

Don't bother responding to FJF. Pretty much every thread i've seen him post in, he says dumb **** that pisses everybody off. Nothing personal FJF, you just don't get along with others because you consistently act like an angry, bitter *******.
Those 720PRS are supposed to sound pretty nice from what i've been hearing, but haven't heard them personally. The woofers look pretty beefy; how much power are you going to be giving them?

Re: some genre's of music sounding better on a particular set...if all you listen to is irish folk music, you don't really need a set of speakers that play with authority down to 60hz to reproduce the fiddles and ****. However, if you prefer listening to club music that has massive amounts of sound between 50 and 200hz, then suddenly the same set of speakers that sounded great with your irish folk music sounds like complete ass while trying to reproduce all that midbass clearly. So don't discount subjective reviews totally.

For example; i heard a set of eclipse components that sounded excellent playing music that didn't need to reproduce large amounts of low frequency content - they had a 4 inch midrange and a tweeter. Obviously not going to play well in the midbass range - however, that setup did sound EXCELLENT for what it was designed to do. If you tried to listen to some good techno, it was lacking alot; it needed a dedicated midbass driver because of the small size of the midrange. That doesn't mean the midrange sounds bad or good in all situations - but it does mean that it will in SOME situations, which might be prevalent in a particular kind of music. That's where people get their 'what genre do you listen to?' questions.

Personally, i'd rather see impedance and response graphs of the speakers as tested in a car, but you can still glean some information from subjective reviews. Just remember that there are a lot of variables involved...
The speakers are rated at 50 watts RMS. I'm going to be feeding them 70 watts RMS. I realize that buying based on subjective reviews is not always the best thing to do. I don't know if you read the review I posted a link to earlier in this thread, but he did listen to a good amount of different genres of music. Just about the only thing he didn't test on the speakers was rap/hip-hop. That's fine with me because I don't listen to too much of that. I did not buy based solely on that review. There were a lot of other reviews and threads here and elsewhere that had nothing but good things to say about these speakers. I couldn't find any single bad review about them. As far as having a large numbers of variables involved, I completely understand. I'm going to be doing my best to get them properly installed and get them tuned properly using my 800PRS. Lastly, I know I should ignore FJF, I've seen his other threads as well. He's just some 40 year old fuck who thinks he knows more than everyone else and tries to put everyone down.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.