They came today...

gotta be careful where you buy these. i remember a while back someone bought a set off ebay and after he got them he realized they were fakes
I'm not worried about them. Techronics is accredited by the Better Business Bureau. Not only that, but fakes are covered under their warranty. If the speakers are found as fakes, I get my money back. There's nothing on them that leads me to believe they are fakes. I'll be attempting to register them with Pioneer today. I'll let you know how that goes.

Good buy. PRS's are probably one of my favorite comp sets to date. For the money the are very hard to beat as said many times. The tweets you will find take alittle time to 'burn' in. I kept mine attenuated -3db with great results.

Good buy. PRS's are probably one of my favorite comp sets to date. For the money the are very hard to beat as said many times. The tweets you will find take alittle time to 'burn' in. I kept mine attenuated -3db with great results.
I'm definitely going to play around with the tweeter settings on it. I do like a somewhat brighter tweeter and these aren't necessarily known for having a bright tweeter so I may go with the +3 dB. I'm planning on starting out on 0 dB and going from there. One review I read about these speakers said that they easily compete with components in the $1500 range, well "you could easily spend two or three times as much and not get a better sounding set of components for your hard-earned bucks."http://www.caraudiomag.com/testreports/0612_caep_pioneer_premier_ts_c720prs/index.html

Here's a link for the review.

This review alone almost made my decision for me. It's extremely detailed and goes in depth with different types of music and how the speakers "like" all of them.

One review I read about these speakers said that they easily compete with components in the $1500 range, well "you could easily spend two or three times as much and not get a better sounding set of components for your hard-earned bucks."Here's a link for the review.

This review alone almost made my decision for me.
The review was written by the same guy who reviewed my SRs. After installing and tuning the speakers, and rereading the review, I had to wonder WTF he was listening to. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

It's extremely detailed and goes in depth with different types of music and how the speakers "like" all of them.
This is another car audio absurdity. Why wouldn't a speaker sound good (whatever that means) playing a given genre? It's a rhetorical question, but I think you see my point. Ultimately, the concept of goodness isn't based on performance; it's based on individual preferences and expectations. By delineating a transducer's role relative to specific music, the writer is prorating his own expectations onto the reader. That's ridiculous.

Those PRS look nice and very beefy.

Having read the review link above that you posted.. as well as this one below about the Polks...

http://www.caraudiomag.com/testreports/0511cae_polk_audio_sr6500_car_speakers/index.html

Would anyone spend the extra $100-$150 more to get the Polk SR6500?

Has anyone had both and can share your experience?

I am very interested in getting me a pair of these Pioneers you have since they are a bit more affordable.

Let us know what you like or don't like about them when you get it installed.

Those PRS look nice and very beefy.

Having read the review link above that you posted.. as well as this one below about the Polks...

http://www.caraudiomag.com/testreports/0511cae_polk_audio_sr6500_car_speakers/index.html

Would anyone spend the extra $100-$150 more to get the Polk SR6500?
Errr...because the Polks offer a higher level of resolution. Whether that's important to a typical car audio costumer whose aural sophistication hinges on tonal balance and frequency response is another story.

FJF, I'm sorry I don't have readily available resources close by for me to go and listen to every speaker I've ever considered purchasing. Some of us have to take a gamble when purchasing speakers and buy them with regards to online reviews, user feedback, and specs. If I'm not completely happy with them, I can always sell them as LNIB to someone who also wants to give them a try then move on and purchase something else. Not everyone has the "experience" you have. Thank you for contributing to my thread.

FJF, I'm sorry I don't have readily available resources close by for me to go and listen to every speaker I've ever considered purchasing. Some of us have to take a gamble when purchasing speakers and buy them with regards to online reviews, user feedback, and specs. If I'm not completely happy with them, I can always sell them as LNIB to someone who also wants to give them a try then move on and purchase something else. Not everyone has the "experience" you have. Thank you for contributing to my thread.
Where did that come from? I think you need to reread my comments. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

The review was written by the same guy who reviewed my SRs. After installing and tuning the speakers, and rereading the review, I had to wonder WTF he was listening to. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif
This basically puts me down because I bought the speakers based upon reviews.

This is another car audio absurdity. Why wouldn't a speaker sound good (whatever that means) playing a given genre? It's a rhetorical question, but I think you see my point. Ultimately, the concept of goodness isn't based on performance; it's based on individual preferences and expectations. By delineating a transducer's role relative to specific music, the writer is prorating his own expectations onto the reader. That's ridiculous.
As far as a speaker sounding good or not, well we all know some speakers just plain ****. Again, this could be "subjective", however, let me ask you: Would you put a set of Roadmaster speakers in your car? So to say that saying a speaker sounds good is a car audio absurdity, is simply absurd. Not all speakers will sound good, some in fact, will sound like complete sh*t.

This basically puts me down because I bought the speakers based upon reviews.
That wasn't the intent.

Would you put a set of Roadmaster speakers in your car?
Sure, if I liked them.

So to say that saying a speaker sounds good is a car audio absurdity, is simply absurd. Not all speakers will sound good, some in fact, will sound like complete sh*t.
I wish you wouldn't put me in this position. I even asked you to reread my comments in hopes of resolving a misunderstanding, but it seem that you have not done that. This is my last try before uploading added text. This is what I wrote:

"This is another car audio absurdity. Why wouldn't a speaker sound good (whatever that means) playing a given genre? It's a rhetorical question, but I think you see my point. Ultimately, the concept of goodness isn't based on performance; it's based on individual preferences and expectations. By delineating a transducer's role relative to specific music, the writer is prorating his own expectations onto the reader. That's ridiculous".

Do you get it now?

I guess I sort of see from where you're coming. However, pick a genre, any genre. Now, play any song from the given genre on a set of factory Delco speakers. How does that sound? To the untrained ear, probably not too shabby. For someone who has even the slightest intuition as to what SQ is, it'll sound like garbage. Sure they can be EQed to help flatten the response and crossovered to take out frequencies the speaker may not be capable of accurately reproducing. However, if those same Delco speakers sound good (an absurdity), then I would have never upgraded to the Alpine 4x6s I started out with 7 years ago. The Delcos sounded like garbage. The Alpines sounded relatively good (another car audio absurdity) to the Delcos. The Focals were a great improvement on the Alpines, again relatively. Now, for the most absurd car audio absurdity, I went on the prowl yet again for an even better sounding set of speakers. Saying that a set of speakers sounds good is such an absurdity, and that all speakers sound good is, in my mind at least, an absurdity. If that were actually the case, my car would be bone stock or have only a CD player installed. I guess upon further consideration, I do not see from where you're coming.

You made a great choice, I dont believe theres a better passive set around that price range. Leave it at that and enjoy //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

You made a great choice, I dont believe theres a better passive set around that price range. Leave it at that and enjoy //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Thanks, and I can't wait to deaden my doors before I install them. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.