TheLow BuildLog: 14kw DailyDriver

someone with experience with their product is always a welcome post //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
Yeah man, I still think you're going to see hella power out of them. I wish had a 7k, or felt like dropping the money for one //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crying.gif.ec0ebefe590df0251476573bc49e46d8.gif

So do you have any real experience with these amps? Ever actually seen anyone in action? Played around with one? Heard a couple of them going?
Or just read about it?

EDIT: They were 16v they all had. And no videos. Charging batteries up. They wouldnt hold a charge.
we only had them powered on to make sure they worked, besides that.. not yet I don't have any subs, just now getting the hd3 pictured via a trade. Still have to get the others in. :/ but off hand I did have a nice collection of amps piled up against the wall.

we only had them powered on to make sure they worked, besides that.. not yet I don't have any subs, just now getting the hd3 pictured via a trade. Still have to get the others in. :/ but off hand I did have a nice collection of amps piled up against the wall.
yes you did

Yeah, Im just saying Ive talked to and seen alot of people at shows around here who werent pleased with them for daily use on 12v systems.

Its a 16v burp amp.

I would have had another if you could have gotten it at the time when I had... well almost enough cash for another //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/verymad.gif.3f39c5c2fd57527b671fad3efdfac756.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/furious.gif.fc81ca146dbff91fede3ed290dbc4f4c.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/mad.gif.c18f003ab0ef8a0d9c27ca78d77a6392.gif!! so there.
and shut up, you like seeing stetsom being used. i'll get back to you on the 4 channel, i'm broke
No rush. I heard you talked to my friend the the amp I sold you came from. I thought I got back to you about the other 7k but I must have for got. Sorry about that. The other ones won't be for sale for a while.

Why get 16v amps for a 12v system?
You're only going to see around 4,750rms out of each amp, but even less with that electrical power.

Ever used a Stetsom 7k before? Yeah... Not exactly what Id run for daily.
As long as you have proper electrical the 7kd is a great daily amp if run at proper impedance. Only issues I've ever seen are from user error and people trying to run them daily for music below 1ohms. We run our single 7kd every day at 1ohm on 4 kicker L7 10's and the 7kd just blew up a sub. lol In a pontiac aztek with the single 7kd at 1 ohm and 4 10" L7's it spls 151 db at dash and musics 149db.

Besides the cooling fan being a little noisy these amps are power houses for music. Between me my friends we have 5 7kd's and not one issue between all of them. I'm by no means saying that it's the best amp on the planet but it's stronger than most that are similar priced.

ooo...

I dont think its worth dropping all that $ on the 7kd if your not gonna give them proper electrical. Then again I didn't look at your electrical but just saying. Sounds like galactic monkey going ape ****!!!

haha jk

ooo...
I dont think its worth dropping all that $ on the 7kd if your not gonna give them proper electrical. Then again I didn't look at your electrical but just saying. Sounds like galactic monkey going ape ****!!!

haha jk
Actually his battery's he's using isn't that bad for two 7kd's. By no means will he be getting full power out of the two 7kd's but for sure stepping up to two more powerful group 31 battery will be better.

He still should get close to 8k with that battery power.

Actually his battery's he's using isn't that bad for two 7kd's. By no means will he be getting full power out of the two 7kd's but for sure stepping up to two more powerful group 31 battery will be better.
He still should get close to 8k with that battery power.
i'll be adding at least 2-4 more as time permits, then when I have the extra funds, i was going with kinetik but I may look into powermaster now to replace them. I just posted have I have at this time, it may change all through out on the electrical but thus far, g31s are just what I had planned to use. So, in short.. I will have more electrical just posting what I have now rather than what I don't have lol..

Update:

should have pics of the start of the box this upcoming week, looking for a designer still who's willing to help with that, also will have deadening ordered later this upcoming week. Apart from these small updated, anyone want to suggest some HUs to look into? i've owned several premiers / alpine 9815-9885 / sony / that's about it, just looking to see what others use and why.

What type of alternator you gonna run or you just plan on charging the batts up every other night?

it's in the first post

reading > u !
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

JL Audio

5,000+ posts
ThugStep
JL Audio
KY
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date