TheLow BuildLog: 14kw DailyDriver

Nice equipment... To bad its not the sub we talked about before //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Reserved for Pics
pics or ban //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

Since Funds have been very low lately and I have been meaning to get around to a system i'm using what I have here and trading for the rest just to finish it off so i'll have something to use for a while. The amps will be strapped. I am a little set back on finishing the big 3, getting more batteries, and deciding on a semi decent HU. Also having trouble finding more HD3 12s for sale anywhere.

The Build:

Car: 2002 Celica GT

Head Unit: Sony Temporary Unit

Comps: 2 6.5 RE RE Components

Comps Amp: Stetsom TH4120

Subs: 4 AudioQue hd3 12s

Sub Amps: 2 Stetsom Digital Vulcan 7Kd 16v

Wiring: Tsunami 1/0 Power and Ground multiple runs

Electrical: Big 3 / EA 200a Alt / 2 Optima Yellowtop G31s / 1 Yellowtop under the hood

Processing:Still Deciding / Ipod Control

Box: Crx Style 9 cubes @ 40 Hz

Deadener: FatMat

Pictures Thus Far:

The Car ( No, the rims are not on it now ):

910032797_l.jpg

One of the subs:

0619081551.jpg

The Amps:

stet2.jpg

Picture077.jpg

S4022827.jpg

That's it for now, was meaning to make this sooner but it'll be a long install either way so may as well started it now. Wish I had the funds to go with other options and deals I couldn't afford now. this will have to do though, should be a little loud I suppose?
subscribed!

hey is stetsom part of mtx?
please don't mention mtx and stetsom in the same sentence....//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/verymad.gif.3f39c5c2fd57527b671fad3efdfac756.gif

get your a$$ to work and lets see something getting done!
x2;)

Nice equipment... To bad its not the sub we talked about before //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

And what would that be!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif

And what would that be!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif
I dont know if he will let me say. It was on the DL before. If TheLow pops in and says I can tell you or tells you himself then I guess you will find out.

I don't understand why you have so much power for those subs. Don't get me wrong, you're going to have a loud a$$ system, but it can't see it lasting long with 3.5k per sub.
It's not like he's ever going to see 14kw from those amps on that electrical. But he may get around 9-10 or so, they are beasts.

I don't understand why you have so much power for those subs. Don't get me wrong, you're going to have a loud a$$ system, but it can't see it lasting long with 3.5k per sub.
the gains will be down a lot, the subs should take it without too much hassle, just have to be careful on the volume knob.

Subscribed! Can't wait to see your progress. Want to see exactly how you are going to support 14K watts for daily use. Not hating, just curious because I need to know how
the stets don't require an insane amount for electrical, I don't plan on that much of an electrical upgrade, if anything i'll be switching out the batteries later on to kinetiks, aside from that, the big 3 and another run or two should be fine. Not going to be cranking it anytime, shouldn't have to even at local shows. It's more a build just to say, this is my system I use daily.. go big or go home right?

It's not like he's ever going to see 14kw from those amps on that electrical. But he may get around 9-10 or so, they are beasts.
someone with experience with their product is always a welcome post //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Why get 16v amps for a 12v system?

You're only going to see around 4,750rms out of each amp, but even less with that electrical power.

Ever used a Stetsom 7k before? Yeah... Not exactly what Id run for daily.

You're only going to see around 4,750rms out of each amp, but even less with that electrical power.

umm.. because the 12v version is meant for the car being off, and will shut off on higher voltage. The 16v is the daily version of it.

what kind of logic is that you trying to come up with? do you even know what you're talking about on the different ones? really now gmonk..

and also, the stetsoms don't require a huge amount of electrical but had you read my post you'd seen I plan to upgrade anyhow. thanks for the post regardless but please, know what you're talking about on the 12v and 16v versions. I can't tell if your post is you just trying to be rude but it's what your coming off as and if you're uninformed it'd behoove you to just not comment at all unless you know somewhat of the subject you're talking about.

ive seen alot of people running these things daily. last comp almost every one had stetsom amps. i honestly wanted to go get their amps but i love sundown

ive seen alot of people running these things daily. last comp almost every one had stetsom amps. i honestly wanted to go get their amps but i love sundown
i'm pretty sure he's just unknowing and posting what he thought was correct or sounded right.. still it was funny. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

I love sundown too though... if they had bigger amps.. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif, i have a 100.4 just sitting a few feet from me.

Ive seen some random people use Stetsom 7ks and Mike Hadden used Stetsom 7ks... He didnt have much luck with them on 12v and got rid of them pretty quick. Said they didnt work to well for daily, said he had lots of problems. Swapped to Memphis 4ks and is much happier.

Ive seen some random people use Stetsom 7ks and Mike Hadden used Stetsom 7ks... He didnt have much luck with them on 12v and got rid of them pretty quick. Said they didnt work to well for daily, said he had lots of problems. Swapped to Memphis 4ks and is much happier.
the 12v versions i'd never run daily. is that the one he was using? regardless i'm suing the 16v ones because it's what I have.., go sit in your box and look at it. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

did you get vids yet?

So do you have any real experience with these amps? Ever actually seen anyone in action? Played around with one? Heard a couple of them going?

Or just read about it?

EDIT: They were 16v they all had. And no videos. Charging batteries up. They wouldnt hold a charge.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

JL Audio

5,000+ posts
ThugStep
JL Audio
KY
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date