The woes of winter.

Participant count
  • Participant list

yacob.naif
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Do those of you, such as myself, who live in locations with harsh winters (I live in Ohio) ever wonder just how much more productive our southern counterparts are over the course of a year?

I think about this on days like today, when i have nothing to do, and would like nothing more than to be outside wrenching on my car, but the weather is too **** cold!

It seems like all winter long, i long for climbing under my car, but as soon as the weather breaks, i wish all those things were done already, cause i find having to waste the summer months wrenching, when i want to be out actually ENJOYING my car, to be extremely frustrating!

It seems like what happens is that once the weather finally breaks, i tend to rush jobs, cause i'm excited to hit the road, and don't do as good of a job as i should. I guess i feel like if i had all year to work on my car, being a car enthusiast/audio enthusiast would be much less frustrating.

Anyone else feel like this?

Perhaps if it was always warm out, i'd spend even less time under my car, because i'd want to be out enjoying my car EVERY day, rather than having these winter months to long for improvements. Also, i feel like if it was always warm, i'd have a harder time saving the money i spend on my car in the summer (boring winter months are a great time to save cash) But maybe i'll never know.

It's one of those ready-made excuses, but the economy is kind of prohibitive towards moving these days.

And home audio's great, but having something that you can enjoy on a daily basis, in an ever changing environment is something special. Who doesn't love blasting some tunes, crusing through an awesome rainstorm on a summer night? No amount of money spent on a home theater system is ever going to match those great times.

i used to have that problem with the cold. now i have heated garages //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

yacob.naif

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Veteran
yacob.naif
White Plains, NY
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date