The Ripper 100

JVC makes units with a USB connection right on front. Its kool if you have an external hard drive full of mp3s //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
The JVC headunit you are talking about won't play an ipod through the USB connection. Well rather it'll play one song, over and over again. It doesn't interface very well.

ok so i have this ripper 110 in my vehicle now. its pretty awesome. havent figured it all out yet but the ipod feature is awesome.

DCFC0248Medium.jpg

DCFC0241Medium.jpg

The JVC headunit you are talking about won't play an ipod through the USB connection. Well rather it'll play one song, over and over again. It doesn't interface very well.
The JVC and Kenwood HUs with USB ports are for UMS, not for iPod integration. That is they will play songs on an iPod that are stored on the HDD (or flash, depending on what iPod we're talking about) in UMS mode, but not files stored in the iPod for playback on the iPod (transferred via iTunes or other programs).

Is the USB interface on this Ripper HU more than just UMS?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.