the mysterious Mr. airleek

Participant count
  • Participant list

d audio 450
10+ year member

ok folks- i finished my box...this thing has so much silicone sealing its not even funny....im figuring the leak must be around the gasket of the sub- i used 1/4" thick weather strip sealant around the sub because when i drilled it in and didnt use it- i had a very large Mr. airleek. I also decided not to bother with a pair of terminals for my sub cuz im lazy- so i drilled a hole that allows my speaker wire to fit through snuggly- oh, and i sealed that up reeeeeeal good too with the silicone. i loaded this box up reeeeal good with dampening...even though its sealed...and i dunno if it even does anything in a sealed box- but anyway- i apply pressure on the cone, let go, and the sub comes back out real slow.....this is an airleak right? or could this be from so much dampening or something??? thanks for any help or advice...

-pat

u could try painting the inside with fiberglass resin, but that might cost more than a new box. I've made a lot of sealed enclosures, but never really played with the cone, although i just played with a 15" L7's one in a sealed box, and it was sealed, cause i made it and I KNOW, ha, but the cone didnt want to move really and wanted to stay at its resting possition.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.