The important parts?

sackamous
10+ year member

Ok my godchild has two 15" he2 subs that will play nothing but high bass. He has them in a pre fab ported box on a 800 watt peak kenwood amp. Just ordered him a candence 7000d so power prob solved, now what to do about this POS box! I'm sure we will build him a new one but I'm not sure were to start. It's going on what use to be the back seat of a ranger. I found some specs on the subs but not sure which ones are important for box size/frequencies. I'm thinking subs up port forward. Is PVC good for ports or would the big wood ones be better? I found a box calculator on re audios web site. You put in your box size and it gives you volume a frequency. If I knew what those numbers needed to be I could figure out the box. Oh should it be a common chamber or two seperate?

sub up port back, pvc will work or u can do sono or areo's. u can just do one camber talk to ram on here for a box plan u can have him draw one up and u just do the cuts and glue and screw it together. u have to factor in all of the sub specs lets just throw out 6 -7 cubic feet tune to 32 that would b great. prefab 15 box hmmm tune to like 44 not good. u need some basic tools to get the job done.

So about 3.5 a piece. Ok a found a formula for tuning a port. Should Plan to build the box to 4 cubes then I take out sub displacement figure out the port length and once that's in there the left over should add up to 3.5 cubes right? I know it won't be exact but what I'm saying is when it's said and done the left over room in the box would need to be 3.5ft^3? Or should I start at 3.5 with the inside volume before the port and sub?

I'd persoanlly do something like 7-7.5ft^3 tuned to 32-33hz. Subs forward/port up, subs & port up, or subs forward/port side will be your best bet with an ext cab truck...just depends on a lot of variables as far as what will work best.

If it's ok with u guys I'd like to give it a shot my self. I'm going to pull some meAsurements and play with sketchup for a while see what I come up with. Then I'll post it here for a numbers check make sure it's right. So 3.75 cubs a piece how much port area do I need I know the length adjusts the response, but how much area should the opening have?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.