The cheapest piece of crap system ever!

Whoa now Ceramik, that last comment was harsh. All of JL Audio's subs have foam surrounds, take that back! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/nono.gif.eca61d170185779e0921b0faa9704973.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif lol

I'll admit that jensen and pyramid aren't the best of equiptment, but some of us are on a budget! Not only that, but I'm almost positive that this guy is probably just starting out in the world of mobile electronics, and is eager to show off his first install, and what's wrong with that? Look at those pictures closely.....it's a very clean, nice looking install, and I personally give him two thumbs up. Before you go knocking on someone, just think back to the first install you did (unless you're one of those candy @$$e$ who pays to have their stuff installed) and remember what it's like to know that you did it yourself, and even tho it's not the loudest and best sounding system in the world, or even your home town, it's your bumps and you're proud of them.

By the way.....if you're reading this Raul, way to go....it ain't easy installing subs in a ranger!

Check out my cheap-ass install some time......i did it all myself, on a budget, and I'm doing mid to high 130's. Not bad for one 12" sub on 140w.

For the amount of money he spent I'm sure he's perfectly happy with it. Although far from good equipment, ignorance is sometimes bliss. If it sounds good to him, and he is satisfied with it, then all the power to him. I've heard many systems that, IMO, sound like two monkeys throwing poo at each other, but I never comment on them if the owner is satisfied with it. Just because I think a certain way hardly makes it right. Setups are setup for the person who ownes them, and if that differs from your particular tastes, well too bad. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Totaly agree with the post above; my friends all give me **** that my stereo compromises their comfort in my truck. I tell them to get a spoon to eat my ass because I like it and I'm happy with the price of comfort for my sound, as well as the fact that I have become acustomed to it. IMO it's the biggest factor when it comes to anything that you build for your car or whatever; build it the way you want it if that's the way you want it. Yep.

Hey Raul,,, dont let that **** get to ya man. Me and my bro have been doin systems for years and installing almost everyone at our schools for free,,,just so we can get to know more about what were doing. Everybody that has their system done by a "PROFESSIONAL" has problems with em because the installer is always in a friggin hurry to do it. The first system me and my bro put in was inside his pickup. It was a set of Mobile Authority Shakers. It didnt sound all that great but it did to him because he earned his money and shopped around for what he wanted. Over time youll get some money and make the upgrade and ,,,,depending on how big of a basshead you are,,,youll eventually be whoopin some ass around your town. I started small as well as everyone else probably did unless their mommy and daddys paid for it all to be bought and put in. At least your proud of what you have and thats all that counts.

KEEP IT UP!!!

I thought you guys needed a little humor. didn't mean to rattle any feathers. I just laughed when i seen that install, b/c i got the same truck but with better stuff. Yes I understand people are on a budget. But how's this for a budget. I did my sub, amp install myself for less than $300 for the whole thing. That includes a capacitor too! I got my stuff from a guy that works for Pioneer for about the wholesale price. $110 for each the Pioneer Premier 10" DVC boomer (400 RMS) and the Pioneer GM-952 amp. And the capacitor i got from PartsExpress. I built the box myself 3/4" MDF. Fits behind the driver seat. Gr8 install i think.... The best install? No Way. but it is all i can do for a Ranger. Hey I can't wait till i get a ride with some room in it!!!!!

The insurance is cheap! The truck is cheap! What can i say? It is a pos. but i won't have it for long. so shut your trap lowrider.

I also give this guy props. First systems aren't always the best equipment but just as alot of people will agree its 90% install and 10% product. My urban 12" sub gives me that little bit of extra bass I wanted for a first system and u know something I am happy.....for now. So dude continue to enjoy that hobby (or as I call it LIFESTYLE of car audio) and don't let opthers get to ya. Theres always someone else there to knock what u got but hey if ur happy, thats all that matters.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.