The big 3 help

Participant count
  • Participant list
since an earlier post said you did not need a fuse between the alt and battery. i was wondering if you were supposed to have any other fuses once you install the wire. if so what fuse?
People told you THEY don't use them. That doesn't mean you shouldn't. EVERY WIRE that comes off of your battery should have a fuse within the first 18" of it.

A dude had his battery explode pretty much because of no fuse in the stickied thread. The wire's ring terminal grounded out on the alternator casing and the battery started bubbling and being scary. That's like - a few millimeters between happy charging and scary bubbly battery. In that situation I would use a fuse //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsup.gif.3287b36ca96645a13a43aff531f37f02.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.