The best hu

Dual, they can be had for under $200 at such high end car audio stores like Best Buy. Get the one with the hard to see 1.5 LCD screen //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

I'm only kidding!

silly rabbit, 1.5 lcd's are for kids.........

once u get up into the $1000+ msrp's for a deck the quality more or less is in the same ballpark.... so far every high end one listed is good but you cannot (as discribe not only in the rules of the forum but in hundreds of every "best" thread started before this) CANNOT have something that's THE BEST. it's all preferance. personally i'd take a high end clarion or eclipse over a high end alpine. but thats just me. only was to find YOUR best is to somehow listen to each and pick the best. go to local stereo shops and see if they have what ur looking for, you dont have to buy from them.

also clarion does not feed off the testicals of humans as stated before....i have nothing but great things to say about thier high end line decks. thier flagship deck from 2001 (HX-D10) has cleaner brighter musical reproduction than newer (2004,2005) pioneer premiers, alpine 98XX (forgot the exact model), kenwoods, and some sonys(but thats not hard to beat). and WAY better SQ than my 2005 panasonic CQ-C8300u.......but again..thats a panasoic....still 2001 vs alot of 2004/2005. and this deck if u can find it on ebay ussually goes for under 300 new, i gto mine 240 refurbed w/ warranty.

Umm. New? I guess the Clarion DRZ9255? Some might say the McIntosh but it is really lacking in the D/A converter dept.
I would sure like to know where you got that info from because it sounds like BS to me. The MX406 is easily in the top 3 of SQ decks ever made and if you have some proof of this deck lacking in D/A converter dept. I would surely like to see it.

Denon Z1 is old and was never THAT good. I listened to one once and was not impressed. People like it just for the name....sure the quality was there, but it wasn't THAT great.
So you listened to one huh?? What amps were used in that system? What speakers were used? What kind of vehicle was it in? The reason I ask all these questions is because the deck alone does NOT make an install but all the components together make the sound.

The haters say otherwise... P9s, Alpine F1s, Denon Z1, etc...
Whoa !! Wait a second here. I say P9 because I have one but I do NOT think its any better than the 9255. As far as the Alpine 7990 is concerned.....they don't make them anymore and its probably due to Alpine's inablility to justify that $3500 msrp. But YOUR 9255 and MY P9 do NOT compare to the old Denon Z1 or the new Denon DCT-1 or the older Premier ODR head units in terms of build or sound quality. There is a reason those units went for so much $. And two more to add to that list would be the McIntosh MX406 and the Nakamichi CD-700.

The 9255 and the P9 are easily the most affordable of all the great head units so that is what your going to see the most of, especially around these forums. Comparing the 2 would be like splitting hairs.

Since when is $1399 MSRP affordable //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif I can't afford rent after that one...

Since when is $1399 MSRP affordable //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif I can't afford rent after that one...

LOL.......I said "most affordable" as compared to the other units that I listed. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Ok...where to start....

I would sure like to know where you got that info from because it sounds like BS to me. The MX406 is easily in the top 3 of SQ decks ever made and if you have some proof of this deck lacking in D/A converter dept. I would surely like to see it.
I read this in a review in a magazine some time ago. I was trying to find it but I don't even remember what magazine it was in so I didn't have much luck.

The basics for the arguement was that this deck is based on a design that is over 10 years old and there are more refined and better options out there for the money. I didn't say it was a bad deck, just has fallen behind its competitors.

So you listened to one huh?? What amps were used in that system? What speakers were used? What kind of vehicle was it in? The reason I ask all these questions is because the deck alone does NOT make an install but all the components together make the sound.
This was in a friend's, uncle's Bently. If I remember correctly he had McIntosh amps and the components I'm going to guess were also McIntosh. I have also heard the Z1 in a listening room (see below).

Once again, it's a decent deck, but I don't feel like it measures up anymore.

Whoa !! Wait a second here. I say P9 because I have one but I do NOT think its any better than the 9255. As far as the Alpine 7990 is concerned.....they don't make them anymore and its probably due to Alpine's inablility to justify that $3500 msrp. But YOUR 9255 and MY P9 do NOT compare to the old Denon Z1 or the new Denon DCT-1 or the older Premier ODR head units in terms of build or sound quality. There is a reason those units went for so much $. And two more to add to that list would be the McIntosh MX406 and the Nakamichi CD-700.
I have heard the CD-700, Denon, and McIntosh all side by side in a listening room at "Signature Audio" in Scottsdale soon after they opened. I wasn't really listening closely as I was in there to burn time for another appt. I had. This did, however, give me a chance to analyze their build qualities and the suprise here was how cheesy the Nak felt. I guess it's not fair to compare something with so much plastic to the shiny metal finish of the Z1 or the Glass face of the McIntosh.

Anyway, it seems to me that your mind is made up on your dream deck or whatever and that's fine. I'm just a little bummed that you call my integrity and honesty into question because my personal review does not meet your expectations.

Well, you can be bummed out all you want but I find it hard to believe you saw a Denon Z1, a McIntosh MX406 and Nakamichi CD 700 in the same show room. I can't believe ANY dealer would carry all those HIGH-END brands and actually plan on selling all of them.

Unfortunately that website mentions nothing of what brands they carry. Or am I not looking in the right place?? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Lol no it doesn't mention the brands. Acidburn was in there recently and he said they didn't have the Z1 anymore. I was just showing you it is not an imaginary place //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

Uhmm

try the search //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Its been covered.

P.S

You guys forgot the old SONY ES stuff //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.