The $150 SPL Challenge

I was ready to get on the termlab but money got tight and had to sell the set up. Got 144s sealed on dash and 147 outlaw on my hyperdynamic meter wich hit .2 db lower then the tl at last show I did

Sorry for not updating the CA guys. I built a new box for The $150 Challenge.

My last build was just tossed together from an old setup. 3 cf for 4-12's. Only hit ~138 dB.

The new setup is huge, deep, and very loud to the ear. I'm expcting mid-140s, but can't get it metered for a couple weeks.

Box is 7 cf (net) and has 3-4" aeros tuned to 26 Hz for daily/demo purposes... and 50 Hz for comp. Swappable ports using the port tumor. The build is officially named "Mike The Frugal Tiger" for obvious reasons.

7672364027_medium.jpg

Feel free to drop by my build log on USACI's site:

LINK!!

Far from it actually. It looks like this may be included in a sound off orgs as well. I will post more when some details are ironed out.

I have a good deal of emails/PMs about this daily as well. As soon as I get more videos emailed in for "official" runs I will be posting up-to-date results and I will edit them as we go along.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.